Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
FAA licensed bugsmasher
7,141 Posts
When it comes to revolvers, three companies come to my mind that you can trust anything they put their name on: Colt, Smith & Wesson, and Ruger.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Built like a tank, just keeps going and going. Best value out there for that platform...IMHO of course...;)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Defenitly. I bought one last October and I love that revolver. You cant go wrong with a Ruger. What length barrel are you looking at getting? I bought the four inch and its a little heavy to carry everyday. But i do conseal it every once in a while.

Attachments

·
Banned
278 Posts
I have my GP100 in my nightstand and wouldn't trade it for any 10 guns. It is the perfect all around gun and, in my opinion, the very best made revolver there is. I own 17 handguns and if I had to give up all but one I would keep my GP100.

·
Administrator
34,293 Posts
I have my GP100 in my nightstand and wouldn't trade it for any 10 guns. It is the perfect all around gun and, in my opinion, the very best made revolver there is. I own 17 handguns and if I had to give up all but one I would keep my GP100.
I agree here. I have a GP100. I call it my "business gun". My .22 is my "fun gun" and my .380 is my "carry gun" but in my home, that GP100 is going to be what I reach for first. I will never sell that revolver.

·
Banned
1,903 Posts
winds-of-change said:
I agree here. I have a GP100. I call it my "business gun". My .22 is my "fun gun" and my .380 is my "carry gun" but in my home, that GP100 is going to be what I reach for first. I will never sell that revolver.
Not even for the price of 20$ and a firm handshake? :p

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thinking about the Ruger 357, anybody have any thoughts on this revolver?
Hi fakwak. That "GP" instead of "SP" thru me at first. I've had my GP100 since the mid 80's. I reload and cast my own bullets. I can't even begin to estimate how many hundreds of thousands of rounds I've put through it. Not many magnums, just plain ol 38 wad-cutters at around 750 FPS. Extremely pleasant to shoot. It's a TANK!

I don't have any experience with the SP101. I see it comes in many calibers and configurations. If you want a CC weapon, check out the Ruger LCR 38/357. My girlfriend has one and I've shot it extensively. What a gun! Lite as a potato chip, butter smooth trigger, reliable as dirt, and super accurate.

One more suggestion. Go to youtube and do a search on any gun you may be interested in. There are a bazillion gun reviews on youtube. I can't tell you how many hundreds and hundreds of hours I've spent watching them. A fella named Hickok45 has over 650 gun review videos, and he does an excellent job. Another good reviewer is Nutnfancy. But I warn you, watching these videos can become addictive!

Good luck in what ever you purchase and let us know what you end up getting.

Don <><

1 - 20 of 24 Posts