Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a 6inch 357, kinda been looking at a ruger gp 100 any of you folks own one or know how well they hold up long term use.i had a colt python and let it go a few years back, yea im still crying over it but the rugers been around awhile and it might fit my bill.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You can't go wrong with the Ruger GP100. I've never owned one but have shot a few.I have a couple of the old Security Sixes and have held up well over the last 25 years or so.The GP's are real strong,handle constant diet of 357 loads as chorst said. Backed by Ruger's great warranty.The triggers could use some improvement,allot of times will work in with shooting.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I think the GP 100 is an excellent revolver and very strong. My 4" stainless was stolen in a burglary several years ago, but my dad has a 4" SS model and my brother a 6". I have shot them all extensively and they are an excellent gun and very durable. Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update

bought a stainles 6 inch gp 100 n i box and so far i realy like this baby, trigger right out of the box pretty darn smooth. so far it will handle any thing ive put through it,but some of us cant leave well enough alone so im smoothing the pull tab a tad bit more and have already erased that funky warning there so damned proud of . the finish is like brushed stainless so i used my belt grinder with a used up belt and it hardly removed any material but the light stamping is gone, finished with scotchbright still looks new but clean

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
gp100

Any ruger revolver and gp100 in particular is the strongest revolver in it's class on market. I'm a huge fan of blackhawk/super blackhawk/redhawk models. A ruger will keep going strong long after other revolvers shoot loose,lose timing,or crack at forcing cone. The ONLY exceptions are freedom arms(pricey) and s&w X frame.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Funny you should ask! I just got back from the range after shooting my new, well new to me, 6" GP100. I love it. It's much smoother than the Rossi .357 I used to have and shoots great. I need to adjust the sights slightly, but at 20 yds on my first trip, I was impressed. I think this is a keeper.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a 6" GP100 in SS. Great revolver. Didn't care for the factory grip though. Replaced them with ones from Uncle Mikes. And like everone else has said "built like a tank".

·
Registered
31 Posts
The RUGER GP 100 6 "is really resistant to all" loaded magnum and like all RUGER, can last for your entire life. I have a stainless model and it is fabulous.;)

·
Banned
6,261 Posts
About how much does a gp100 stainless run?

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
My 4". It's a tank. I added a red insert front sight from Ruger and Pachmayr grips.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
They go for around $500. here in California.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts