Ruger Blackhawk

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Gordo323, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Finally got with the times and bought a “new model” Blackhawk to replace my old 3 screw model .357 mag., it has been a great gun, indestructible, my old man gave it to me when I was 25, guess it’s time to pass it on to my son who is that age now, hate giving up good guns but it’s a family tradition.
    Can’t wait to shoot the new one, I also like the idea of not having to carry it with an empty cylinder!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congrats and enjoy.

3. Missileman

Missileman New Member

Congrats! My Blackhawk Bisley model in 41 mag has the best trigger of any handgun I've ever had--great guns!

4. TSKnight

TSKnight New Member

Love my Blackhawk! 357mag/9mm, 4 5/8"bbl
    Have hunted with it for many years and never had an issue.

Enjoy!

5. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Thanks all, still haven’t shot it yet as I got sent to Louisiana for work (great food there)!
    Home now, so maybe this weekend.
    Have held it a lot and the stock grips are a little small for me, any suggestions………?

6. TSKnight

TSKnight New Member

I have a set of Pachmyer(sp) Presentation grips for mine. Makes it very manageable even with heavy loads.

7. Catfish

Catfish New Member

In my oppenion your son got the best gun. I love the old 3 screws. I have them in Bear Cat, Single Six, .357, 30 Carbine, 41 Mag, 44 mag, and 45 Colt. It took me alot of years to find these guns at a price I could afford and my wife and kids will get them WHEN I DIE. BUT, I`m sure your son love you more now.

8. Datam

Datam New Member

They are great fun to shoot, and reliable as anything. I have one in .357 with a 9mm cylinder spare.

9. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

The best guns anyone can have in their collection are the ones passed down. I'm sure th enew owner will take great care and hopefully keep the tradition going. :)

As for your new one I"m sure you will like it. Those things are built like tanks and do their part when you do yours.

10. mongoose90

mongoose90 New Member

I have one of the original Ruger Flattop Blackhawk in .357 that I got from my Dad.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010