Ruger american rifles

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by trip, Feb 2, 2013.

1. trip

trip New Member

Any opinions on rugers American series? Good or bad and why? Looking at possible a .308.

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Good rifles. Marlin x7 is cheaper and a better rifle that's just as accurate w a adjustable trigger.

3. trip

trip New Member

Explain why it's better?

4. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

IMHO the Marlin is better cuz its more reliable and has better accuracy. I like the rifling better on em too. I prefer a blind box mag as well

5. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

I have the Marlin X7 in 22-250, there is no better trigger system. Deadly accurate shooting rifle. When I first went for it, I said, hell, for the price why not! glad I did.

Nothing against Ruger, love their pistols.

6. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

March guns magazine has an article shot the American rifle. They tested it in 30-06 and liked it. Grouping at or under an inch all day.

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

so far everyting i have seen and heard to date, the Ruger American is getting very good reviews. and so far the buying public is pretty much of the same consensus.

8. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I saw one in .308 yesterday in Walmart for $400. It was tempting, Very tempting.

9. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

that's right at MSRP which is $399 on their website. but many rifles are going for or above MSRP right now due to the panic buying.