Ruger .357 fires bullet in bathroom

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Ranger-6, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

A 24-year-old Phoenix man dropped his gun and fired a shot in the bathroom of a Mesa Walmart on Sunday.

Andrew Seals entered a bathroom stall, and began to sit down when his Ruger .357-caliber Western-style revolver fell out of its holster and fired a round.

The bullet went through the stall door, hit a wall, ricocheted into a light on the ceiling, then back onto the floor toward a man standing at a urinal. The bullet struck the floor about 5 feet from the other man.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Sounds like someone was playing when he should have been doing business.

3. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Sounds like he had the hammer on a loaded chamber!. 6 is a no no.

4. Jay

Jay New Member

...but it made for a great headline, didn't it... :rolleyes:

5. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Must have been an old one without a transfer bar.Guess it's better to get a surprize like that with your pants already down..

6. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

That has to be tough on the ears!

7. mcb

mcb New Member

Must have been an old model. On the pre 1973 old model blackhawk just like a single action army you have to carry on an empty chamber. Load one, skip one, load four, coco the hammer and decock and you should be resting on the empty chamber. Idiots like the guy in the article give the rest of us a bad name.

8. slim325

slim325 New Member

Serpa?maybe too late? LOL

9. Frank827

Frank827 New Member

What kind of consequences can he be facing for this accident?

10. slim325

slim325 New Member

I would image discharging a firearm and probably inducing panic?

11. Frank827

Frank827 New Member

Lol well yeah besides that, could his ccw be revoked? Or worse charged with something?

12. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Anyone carry'n a SA is short a few brain cells anyhow. And carry'n a old blackhawk!! Bet his dad does not know its missing from his gun safe.

13. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Realizing all those teachers that said he was too stupid to continue were correct.

Sure this wasn't a glock, they go off all the time by themselves.

14. mcb

mcb New Member

In AZ good chance he was carrying open. Must of thought he was cowboy. No matter what gun you carry, the first step is to learn how to safely carry. This problem with old single actions has been known since the 19th century.

15. northhike

northhike New Member

Well the guy in the urinal was saved from pee'ing his pants. ;)

16. keymastr5912

keymastr5912 New Member

he still probably had to change his shorts. if it was me in there taking a leak, i woulda been purty upset (after changing my shorts).

17. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

LOL! Playing? LOL!

18. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

most likely it being unintentionable, maybe a misdemeanor charge and liable for the damages. but, still very careless and dangerous none the less. hopefully he learned a lesson and will either carry the pistol properly or find a safer pistol to carry.

19. Double_tap

Double_tap New Member

Great more ammo for the Liberals to use against us. I hate when we suffer due to just one jack *** in the crowd

20. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I was in the throes of a digestive emergency, in a powerful hurry, and had my 1911 come out of its holster and skitter across the floor in a public restroom. I was damn appreciative that no one else was in there. I have learned to unholster it and place it on the nice flat top of the toilet tissue dispenser until business is concluded. That way the person in the adjoining stall doesn't see it hanging around in my IWB holster.

If it had gone off I think I may have flushed myself down the toilet out of shame.