Ruger .22

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Garadex, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I have a dilemma, I can buy a Ruger standard right now for a good price but the magazines are kind of hard to find. Or I can save up a bit and get a mkIII which has easier to find magazines. What should I do?

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

ruger standards grip angle doesnt feel right to me. my pref is for the 22/45 version. other than that they all shoot and function great

4. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Yes, seriously. I'm leaning towards getting the Standard though.

5. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Well I don't have much handgun experience so nothing feels wrong to me, even Glocks.

6. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Well I bought the Standard today. Range report to come soon.

7. mdauben

mdauben New Member

I find exactly the opposite. I love the grip angle of the regular Ruger Mark pistols and find works better than the 22/45 for me

8. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

awaiting pics of gun and targets :cool:

9. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Me too. :rolleyes:
    I'm not allowed to have it for ten days. :mad:

10. Vaderm3

Vaderm3 New Member

You're going to be nothing but floored at the accuracy. I have one as well, and I can easily hit 8" steel plates at 50-70 yards fairly consistently. It's a great gun!

11. jismail

jismail Member

magazines are readily available for the standard. I have one and have bought them. Just make sure you get the right one as the newere ones are not compatible although some can be modifed to work.

12. monet61

monet61 New Member

If you are talking about the old 9 round mags, I have most always been able to find them online at various vendors. You may have to look around. I can find them at the Cabelas store that I visit from time to time. They are out there.