Ruger 22/45

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by ninjatoth, Jan 27, 2011.

1. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I'm trading off my Ruger P-95 for this gun tomorrow,I don't need the Ruger 9 anymore and I want a .22 to really get a new start in learning better marksmanship.I am getting the 4" because the 9mm S&W I have now is a 4" so I figured it would be a good match.What do you think of these .22/45's,I never shot one?

Attached Files:

2. Serengeti

Serengeti New Member

The 22/45 is a fun gun to shoot. All hand gunners should have a 22. Teaches good marksmanship and inexpensive to shoot. The 22/45 is as good as any other Ruger 22.

3. tekarra

tekarra New Member

I have a stainless steel Mk. II 22/45; it is a great pistol. IMO everyone should have a .22 pistol.

4. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I been working on my marksmanship and I think i'm progressing.

Attached Files:

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Looks pretty good to me.

6. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Oh yeah,maybe I should post a pic of my actual gun so here goes-

Attached Files:

7. IXLR8

IXLR8 New Member

All of the Ruger .22 pistols are fine. I prefer the Mark III rounded grips to the slab sided 22/45 grips. They both shoot pretty much the same. It is a matter of preference.

If you own a Ruger Mark III, or a 22/45 you should own a speedloader.

Ruger Speedloader

The best $22.00 you will ever spend. I bought the gun because I watched a guy using one at the range, and the person shooting could not shoot faster than the guy loading... 500 rounds in 25 minutes!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9483S_uJDo"]Video using it[/ame]

8. birdie

birdie New Member

I love my 22/45 I shoot grasshoppers off berbwire at 15 20 yards very consistently. Shoots 1 to 2'inch group at 25 yards wonderful. Have fun and shoot a lot.

9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

Man, that's amazing shooting with ANY handgun! Nice job!

10. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Will it work for the Buckmark?

11. BombDoc

BombDoc New Member

I have the same one. I love it. Between that and my Charger I can have a great day of fun and only spend a few bucks.

12. exitwound

exitwound New Member

A great shooter.....

but a serious pain to field strip and clean. Putting it back together was the worst part. I finally realised I just wasn't holding my mouth right as I put it back together. I finally jump ship and sold it, then bought the first buckmark I came across and never looked back.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you! :D

13. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I bought one of those to use as a practice pistol being it's grip angel is very 1911 like. THen out of the blue while at a gun show a while back I found a Tactical Solutions Pac-Lite 9.5"bbl that is threaded. Being it's an aluminum with a steel sleeve it is a ton lighter and does balance a good bit better. After doing this myBuckmark has not seen daylihgt for a while and I"m thinking I might trade it off as well as the 22/45 bbl I took off. It's as accruate as some of the 22lr rifles I have here.

The 22/45 is an excellent pistol as is.But I really like the new set up. Here's a pic
    [​IMG]

Congrats on your new 222 buddy. I'm sure you will get many-many great times with it.

14. BombDoc

BombDoc New Member

So I know what my next upgrade is.