Ruger 22/45 price?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Trez, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Theres a Ruger 22/45 for sale for $150.. Good price or not? What would the differences be between the MK.I, II, or III ?
    Could I sell it for more? (Im trying to hussle my way to a T38 carbine stock!!) :p
    A pic from the ad..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  2. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

$150 is a good price for any Ruger 22 as for the differences, updates, safety issues and changes to make for a lower mfg cost. I'm not sure of the exact changes in each model off the top of my head but their is a compassion chart on one of the Ruger Collectors group pages you should be able to google it.

3. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

$150 is a very good price for any serviceable Ruger MK pistol. If it's a functional gun with a good bore, it's a good deal.

As for the differences:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_MK_II

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_MK_III

Thank you Ruger Legal Department...

If you happen upon a MKII that you like, grab it. Many prefer them to the MKIIIs. I have a MKIII and it's not too bad. I also have an AMT Lightning which was a shameless copy of the MKII and the trigger is dramatically better. The Mag Disconnect on the MK III can be undone, I just haven't gotten around to ordering the parts.

4. TLuker

TLuker New Member

The threaded bull barrel model goes for about 350.00 new, and it's not a Mk I, II, or III. It's a 22/45. The difference between it and the Mk's is that it has the controls (safety, mag release, and bolt release) where the controls would be on a .45. And the big difference, it has a plastic frame rather than metal. It's pretty accurate though.

Do a search on gun broker (or something similar) to get a better idea of what that model is selling for.:)

5. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Plastic frame?? I dont care for that at all....

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

skip that version. had one. they are the first model of the 22/45 and didnt work that well. if you get a 22/45 be sure to get the version that accepts regular 1911 grip panels stay away from the all plastic version like that one.

7. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

If it's from a private seller and no taxes and hidden fees etc than I would buy it,you could probably make a $50 profit when you sell it.