Ruger 22/44 mark II extractor issues

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by ktmboyz, Apr 2, 2011.

1. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Ruger 22/45 mark II extractor issues

I have a ruger mark II 22/45 that has been getting worse extracting the spent casings. I have probably only put 500 rounds through it. After stripping and thorough cleaning in the new ultra sonic cleaner, I found the extractor isnt as sharp as it should be and the cavity in the barrel where the extractor goes has a small burr on the ramp.

I ordered a Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor and was wondering if anyone has good or bad experience with them ?? I love the pistol but really hate having to pluck shells from the chamber all the time :mad:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The VQ extractors are good stuff as is their trigger components...

3. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Thanks,, I can't wait to get it and put it in ! Seems like a cheap fix for 12 bucks

4. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

The Exact Edge extractor is a good product and easy to put in. Be careful you don't have the plunger flying across the room however.

5. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Thanks for the replys guys,, I put my new one in today and took it out for a quick 150 rounds adn not one failure to extract. .did have a couple feed issues, the bolt would close on a round half in and bend it. Now to look into that..