Ruger 10/22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by urquidez, Aug 20, 2012.

1. urquidez

urquidez New Member

Just bought this 10/22 off a guy that I know can wait I shoot it came with scope he said it zeroed in at 50 yard also has a 3.5lb.trigger job and 2 10 round mags I bought the 25 round mag butler creek mag that it has in pictures !!!!!CANT WAIT TO SHOOT!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. urquidez

urquidez New Member

O yea this is my first rifle

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

4. ArmyGuy

ArmyGuy New Member

Congratulations on getting your first rifle, it looks great.

5. fmj

fmj New Member

Great choice for a first rifle. Hell, i have a rifle or two and am seriously thinking about getting one of those.

6. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

The 10/22 is an American Classic. They have been around for over 50 years and still very popular. I love mine and could shoot it every day. Great choice for a first rifle. Treat it right and it will out live you.

7. carbon15man

carbon15man New Member

I bought a brand new one over the weekend. I had to pull a zip tie outta the barrel with pliers but the first 3 shots were dime size at 50 yards with iron sights so great rifle

8. urquidez

urquidez New Member

Anyone know how to remove the front sight with out damaging it ?please help

9. Jeff56

Jeff56 New Member

You can remove about every part on a 10/22. I'm not an expert by any means but I know people replace lots of parts and end up with a tack driving rifle that will shoot with some of the best bolt action rifles around. It won't be cheap to do that but it can be done. A trigger and a barrel upgrade will go a long wa toward making your rifle a great shooter. But even as a stock rifle it will shoot well. It's hard to go wrong with a 10/22. My personal choice for an all-around beater would be different but that's still an excellent choice.

10. RustyShackleford101

RustyShackleford101 New Member

I remember taking a Dremel tool to mine. It came out fine but obviously, the front sight was unusable after.

11. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

You just might need those sights one day. Rifle looks nice , have a good time with it. Maybe a few tree rats or wabbits for dinner??

12. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

There are tons of aftermarket parts for a 10-22. It's the best reason to have a few of them :)

I wouldn't bother removing the sight. Maybe get another bbl if you just don't like it but I'm more the type that will use mounts/rings that allow me to look under the glass and use them from time to time. They do come in handy and not being a slave to the glass is a plus sometimes.:)

13. RustyShackleford101

I removed it to put on some fibre optic, fire sights.

14. Turbojet

Turbojet New Member

I use a tool called a sight pusher.

15. RustyShackleford101

I am intrigued; go on.

16. Turbojet

Turbojet New Member

Seriously? It is sort of U shaped. On one end it has 2 heavy prongs spaced a little more than a half inch apart. These will sit against your sight ramp. You have 1 other single prong that is attached to a screw handle that goes against the dovetail sight from the opposite side. You turn the handle to tighten and it slowly pushes the sight out of the dovetail as as you go. I use it to install or remove dovetail sights. I bought it at Midway. It is made by Williams and think it is called a Williams Sight Pusher. I think they are about $50. It works great for me. I bought it after my punch slipped and I knocked the bead off of a model 94.

17. Turbojet

Turbojet New Member

Of course it also works great for adjusting windage instead of beating on it with a hammer and punch, which I was trying to do in the first place.

18. hareebrownbeest

hareebrownbeest New Member

image-1734918377.jpg

Ha ha, just gave mine a cleaning today. Going shooting tomorrow:)

19. urquidez

urquidez New Member

Look I just bought some new stuff for my 10/22 here are the b4 and after pictures got a new stock for it and I bought a ruger 25 round mag for. The butler creek one are garbage keeped misfeeding and sprin was not pushing ammo up

Attached Files:

20. canebrake

canebrake New Member

10/22 is hard to beat, enjoy!