Ruger 10/22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Mason609, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

I'm thinking of getting a Ruger 10/22. Is there any major differences between the wood stock or the composite? (as in, performance). Or, does it not really matter?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  2. ThexDarkxCrow

ThexDarkxCrow New Member

Not really. It depends on taste mostly. It will function perfectly fine with either. My old man shoots a wooden stock one and I've got a Tapco T6 on mine.

3. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Chances are, you'll change the stock anyway, oh and the trigger, the mag release, the barrel and on and on and on! These things are so easy to modify and make your own! To me though, the only thing that really does need fixing is the trigger.

4. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

What didn't you like about the trigger? I never fired one, I have friends that have them and never heard anything about the triggers.

5. ThexDarkxCrow

ThexDarkxCrow New Member

I agree really. I've wanted to modify mine so bad! However, I've kept it as stock as possible for a survival rifle purpose. Simplicity is Survivability

6. shadyshooter

shadyshooter New Member

Hi guys i have changed the stock as most do and i have swapped the trigger the mag release has ben done too. my son uses it the most he is seven but a good shot.
    the archangel stock works out really well.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwjypU4GmAI[/ame]

7. vincent

vincent New Member

The trigger thing is all subjective to the shooter. Mine is not modified and I think it's just fine as is. It's all about personal preference, some find it a bit heavy and with the Voltquartsen (I think) you can actually adjust the pull to your liking.

8. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

9. Macbeth666

Macbeth666 New Member

Theses bad boys are sick outta the box. but dremmiling the bolt release and a light trigger make for a cheap user friendly upgrade

10. Macbeth666

Macbeth666 New Member

I'm with jeepjeep. The trigger on mine was like 6lbs stock and a simple spring dropped it to like 2.5, it just fires so much smoother

11. somawas

somawas New Member

Presently, I own three 10/22's. 10/22 #1, is slightly modified- quick bolt release modification and threaded muzzle 16.5" barrel with 1/16 twist with after market stock. 10/22 #2, slightly modified- quick bolt release modification, threaded muzzle 16.5" barrel with 1/9 twist for Aguila 60 gr ammo, in a factory stock, and 10/22 #3, well, the only thing stock is the ten round magazine. You'll find that the extent that these rifles can be modified is limitless.

The two images of the rifle with the black stock is the same rifle- left and right sides- and the final look of the rifle is slightly different- no iron sights and the scope and mount is different- but similar look. The rifle with laminated stock is a build with all aftermarket parts.

Attached Files:

12. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Yup, I did that too, makes it nicer to use for sure. The only other mod I like is an extended mag release. So easy to modify to just how you want it or leave it stock and just shoot the hell out of it!

13. shadyshooter

shadyshooter New Member

you just got to love the 1022 it flexibly and cost running cost. not forgetting the dirt cheap purchase price to start with and bomb proof reliability.

14. Clem

Clem Member

I call the 10/22 an Erector Set gun: you can take it apart and build it up just about any way you want. When I got mine, the trigger was something north of 8 lbs. I played around with several parts kits/hammers and eventually got a Kidd trigger. In my experience, it is the best bar none. I also built it up with a Green Mountain barrel, CPC headspaced bolt, and a Weaver scope wrapped in a Hogue stock. It is a lot of fun to play with because it is so accurate and has such a great trigger.

15. sparky17

sparky17 New Member

My 11 year old son is building one (he picks what he likes, I buy the parts and install them! Lol). Here is a pic, and yes the scope can be used w/out removing the red dot. Next on his list is a forward grip

ForumRunner_20120310_162202.jpg

16. Macbeth666

Macbeth666 New Member

Here's mine. Archangel deluxe target stock, volquartsen match grade hammer and springs, volquartsen auto bolt release, black warrior muzzle brake, winchester bipod, tasco red dot, and I also have a barska 8-32x scope.

ForumRunner_20120310_230841.jpg

17. shadyshooter

shadyshooter New Member

guys these pictures are great i love who flexible the ruger is

18. Macbeth666

Macbeth666 New Member

I wanna buy another and make it ar-esque