Ruger 10/22

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by mtmagwhenindout, Dec 13, 2011.

1. mtmagwhenindout

mtmagwhenindout New Member

Was doing a trigger job but I did not see this came from can anyone help

Attached Files:

2. hmh

hmh New Member

On the trigger guard behind the trigger small hole with a spring then the plunger that touches the trigger it is the plunger.

3. mtmagwhenindout

The pin at the top holds the trigger and black thing together with spring in it so it don't go there

Attached Files:

4. mtmagwhenindout

The trigger reset is here

Attached Files:

5. mtmagwhenindout

The trigger reset I have that part?

6. hmh

hmh New Member

Does this help any

7. vincent

vincent New Member

See if you can find any info here...looks like the sear pin that holds it all together...

<Your New ruger 10/22>

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  8. hmh

hmh New Member

This if it doesn't let me know and I will pull my trigger

ForumRunner_20111213_201820.jpg

9. mtmagwhenindout

According to picture it looks like 31 which is something to do with safety but I didn't mess with safety is it possible it come out of thee also I can't tell what goes in 41

10. mtmagwhenindout

Ok fellows I got to go to bed I put it all back together with the hammer, auto bolt release, magazine lever and all the springs that came in the valquartsen probably didn't spell that right trigger kit all pin are in place where they should tested the trigger, safety and bolt release and everything seems to be working like a champ but I still don't know where that part went it looks according to pictures y'all sent me it goes behind the trigger but I don't have a hole there for it I'm stumped

11. mtmagwhenindout

And yes my trigger return switch and spring are in there it looks like a set screw for travel but no place to put it

12. GunDoc

GunDoc New Member

Did you install aftermarket parts? It looks like a slave pin for the sear/disconnect. Check out my video at: Ruger 1022 Trigger Job by Great West Gunsmithing for a close up of disassembly and reassembly. With the trigger group removed there are only four pins in the trigger assembly; top and bottom of the bolt lock, hammer pin and trigger pin.

13. mtmagwhenindout

Hey gundoc that's exactly what it is a slave pin that is a great video thank you very much. I got a couple of more quick questions for you if you dont mind
    1. I didn't see that slave pin when I took it apart so I used a piece of plastic to hold it together since i was going to be pushing right back out any but where do you think they had the slave pin at in there since you really dont have to have it?
    2. I put the volquartsen target hammer, auto bolt release in and it came with the new trigger reset spring and the hammer spring stud and I put both new springs on do you recommend me going back to the stock springs?
    3. This one may be kinda of stupid but I just need to keep up with the slave pin for the next time I take it apart I don't need to do anything special with it do I?
    Thank you for all your input

14. GunDoc

GunDoc New Member

It was likely just in the bag with the Volquartsen parts. There are 2 common slave pins - 1)for the trigger/disconnector, and 2) for the old style hammer/shims alignment. You don't actaully need any of them, but they're handy. I find I use mine for the trigger assembly on every trigger job, so I just keep it in a safe place.

Since you've already installed the new springs I would just leave them in and keep the originals as spares.

Now that your trigger is back together and you inderstand it's inner workings better, give yourself a big pat on the back for a job well done. There's a lot of pride in doing a good job on something most folks shy away from.

Merry Christmas!!

15. mtmagwhenindout

Merry Christmas to you to doc and thanks again