Ruger 10/22 takedown

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by nickel1911, Apr 26, 2012.

1. nickel1911

nickel1911 New Member

Just wondering what everyone's Thoughts were on the ruger 10/22 takedown? I've watched a few vids on it and the reviews seem very positive.

2. smoooth308

smoooth308 New Member

I like the idea. Good gun to take backpacking and I like the case that it all fits in to. Plus you can't beat the reliability of the 10/22

3. fstkmaro

fstkmaro New Member

I have one. I have about 500 ends through it. t works well every time. I recently added a cheap scope and after sighting it it remains dead on despite the takedown events. The bag that comes with it is very convenient. My only nits are that it comes with only one magazine and that the action does not stay open after the last round is fired. I can't wait to see what accessories will be available for it. :)

4. nickel1911

nickel1911 New Member

I watched a few vids on it and it really looks like a good rifle. I definitely like the pack it comes with also. I'm very interested in this one.

5. mrt8110

mrt8110 New Member

Ruger take-down

NICE!:)Cliff

6. Redleg

Redleg New Member

I really like my new Ruger 10/22 TD. She is an excellent shooter. I equipped mine with an Ultradot Matchdot II red dot sight, and the results are very satisfactory. The take-down mechanism is very solid and robust.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. nickel1911

nickel1911 New Member

Very nice! I was wondering about the quality of the takedown mechanism. my question is, over time would it possibly wear down and come loose while shooting? I haven't seen it in person yet. But it being described as solid and robust is definitely a plus.

8. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

It looks like it is well made and thought out however I would like to see it with a 16" threaded barrel. I probably would not buy it since I have a S&W MP15-22 which breaks down nicely with two pins and has a 16" threaded barrel. I also have a standard 10-22 carbine.

9. Redleg

Redleg New Member

I am saying not. The Takedown mechanism is adjustable. If it loosens up, you simply tighten it back down. This has not happened to me, but of course I have only had the gun a few weeks. Shot about 600 rounds through it and the gun is very tight and accurate. Several take-downs later it is still holding zero on my red-dot.

10. nickel1911

nickel1911 New Member

Nice. Well ruger is known for their quality. Thanks for your input. Welcome to the forum!