Ruger 10/22-My New Fun Gun

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by vmkeith, May 9, 2012.

1. vmkeith

vmkeith New Member

Recently picked up a Ruger 10/22 for cheap plinking. It came with a black synthetic stock, which I didn't like, and I put a Promag Archangel stock on it, along with a red dot sight and bipod. Zeroed her at 50yds, and she's a tack driver.

[​IMG]

2. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Sweet Ruger!!! I bought the standard Ruger. I am looking into getting a different stock!!

image-4195336780.jpg

3. vmkeith

vmkeith New Member

I looked at a couple different 10/22 stocks and didn't like the feel of most of them. The ATI Strikeforce and TAPCO stocks felt like they were made from standard plastic...cheap and toyish. The Promag Archangel is made of polymer and is nice and sturdy. They have a couple different stocks that I really liked. The Archangel ARS Package, which I got, and the Archangel Nomad, which resembles a G36, and has a folding buttstock. I like the AR like ergonomics, and since the ARS package was available locally, it's the one I went with...and it took less than an hour to swap stocks.

4. Swervin

Swervin New Member

Here is my wifes archangel charger

ForumRunner_20120510_114133.jpg

5. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

That looks very cool!!! Nice job.

6. defcon

defcon New Member

here's my 2 Archangel Sparta and M1A 10/22

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

What is the second pic again! I really like that one.

8. defcon

defcon New Member

It's a Archangel Sparta made for the Mini 14.

I gave it a face lift with my dremel and dropped in my 10/22. It's an hour worth of cutting to make room for the receiver to go in. Added my G36 Marauder magazine to it

Looks like an ACR/SCAR

Front view without the bipod
    [​IMG]