Ruger 10/22 modifications

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by sureshot513, Jan 15, 2013.

1. sureshot513

sureshot513 New Member

What kinds of modifications did you guys do to your rugers?

2. Clem

Clem New Member

This is really an open ended question. You can build the 10/22 of your dreams, all it takes is money. A few years ago I got the bug to get a custom 10/22 so I bought the cheapest one I could find at Wally World. I then took it apart and basically kept only the receiver. I put in a Green Mountain 20” fluted, stainless barrel, a headspaced bolt, a Kidd two stage trigger, the usual buffer, all in a Hogue stock with a Weaver 2x7 rimfire scope. I have been really pleased with it, but if I do it again, I may go for a 18” Kidd barrel to reduce muzzle heaviness. I am pleased with the accuracy. I typically get .5” to .75” groups. That seems to be as good as I can do. It is fun to break clay pigeons at 50 to 100 yds, then shoot the big pieces.

3. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

sureshot513 It should be more about what you want to do. Go over to rimfirecentral and just read . Then deside what you want.

The 2 custom rugers we have are complete oppisites. One very light weight , makes a great hunter. harder to shoot as accurate from the bench because of the lack of weight . Our is 10lb 8oz with almost everthing different as far as the parts go and very easy to shoot from the bench. Both are compable of uder 3/8 at 50 yards with one bing sub .300 if I have a good day. . Barrels from clark customs and kidd. ]Triggers from clark customs and jard, stocks from hogue and boyd's. scopes 4-16 and 6-24. Miss reciever parts from mainly kidd,

The newest barrel company that is the best bang it seems for both accuracy and price is from J F fedderson.

4. sureshot513

sureshot513 New Member

I didn't mean it like I wanted ideas on what to do with mine I was just curious to see what other people have done to there's. sorry for not being more detailed lol

5. RemFire

RemFire New Member

This is mine now, 7.5" barrel, Boyds Evolution stock, and some internal mods,

[​IMG]

Started out like this!...

[​IMG]

6. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

Is the top one suppressed?

7. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Is that registered as a sbr? It is bad a** for sure, how does it shoot with the short barrel?

8. Blackbeard1718

Blackbeard1718 New Member

Did a Stock Swap with mine, using the E.A. Brown M1 Carbine Conversion Kit. I added the Oiler and Sling, Tech 100 Front and Rear Sights, and I use the BX25 Mags. It's more accurate now, than it was out of the box as a Stock 10/22:

[​IMG]

Cheers!

BB

9. JackStrong

JackStrong New Member

Man I do love the Ruger 10/22, so many directions you can take them. I serious believe you can't own to many of these little critters..

10. RemFire

RemFire New Member

Yep it is:D.

11. RemFire

RemFire New Member

No its on an firearm cert where I live, im hopeing to find out soon but I only got it back off the gun smith last night.:)

12. DuraCoater

DuraCoater New Member

What is a firearm cert?

And does that exempt you from owning a SBR without your tax stamp?

13. RemFire

RemFire New Member

Sorry for the confusion:eek:, I am in the British Isles so it has to be registered on a Firearms certificate where I am.

14. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 New Member

I just finished assembling the final piece of mine. Did a little bit every few years.
    not a single ruger part left in it. so now I have two. :) a factory all weather carbine and this one:
    [​IMG]

Did the initial function check and zero this weekend. it cycles smooth as butter

15. paperplatetargets

paperplatetargets New Member

you have to love the 10/22. I machined out a Ramline folding stock to accept a 1" bull barrel. Replaced the grip with one made from Ergo, and put on a Weaver Super Slam 1.6-6.

Attached Files:

16. zombiekiller1

zombiekiller1 New Member

I put a ZK-22 bullpup on mine, and also a custom cnc bolt saying Zombie Killer :) I got the ZK-22 from Red Jacket and the bolt from JWH Custom

17. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 New Member

AWW MAN!!! You actually got your ZK-22 in? I ordered mine back in august for the September run and am still waiting. the Red jacket site has a notice stating that a large batch had charging handle issues and that they had to manually adjust each one so hence the delay. Am waiting for mine to convert my "stock" sort of all weather so I have a 22 practice version to my PS90

18. zombiekiller1

zombiekiller1 New Member

Yeah I waited way too long for it hahaha
    Here it is :)

Attached Files:

19. ta1588

ta1588 New Member

That Red Jacket stock looks pretty awesome with the heavy barrel!