Ruger 10/22 help

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by ShagNasty1001, Apr 6, 2012.

1. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Took my 10/22 apart completely to give it a good cleaning and when I was putting the trigger group back in, the hammer won't slam forward or anything. What am I missing? I didnt mess with it at all

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

This might help. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNXfNnuPJIY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

3. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Not to be too simplistic, but is the safety completely off? Do not let the hammer slam forward when the trigger group is out of the gun. Hold your thumb or a wad of cloth or something to cushion it. The trigger group is pretty simple and looking at out of the gun should show you what the problem is.

4. vincent

vincent New Member

I think maybe the safety has to be in the exact middle position to get it to fit...correct me if I'm wrong...

5. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

In order for the action to be put back in the stock, the safety has to be in the middle. After it's in, you should be able to push it either way, on safe or off with little resistance. I'm wondering if he still has it at the mid point and not fully in the off position.

6. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I got the safety thing but the hammer won't spring at all. The spring on it is loose and not catching anywhere

7. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Scratch that, I found the problem. I was missing a spring. Stupidity on my part haha

8. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

OK, glad you found the problem. Any idea how the spring came out?

9. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I can only guess that it came undone when I pulled the trigger housing out and i just didn't notice it. I found it on the floor next to my bed

10. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

I know the spring you mean. If the hammer isn't cocked, that can just fall out. Lucky you found it!