Ruger 10/22 folding stocks

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by SmithKid308, Oct 13, 2011.

1. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

What is the best folding stock for a ruger 10/22 that would not interfere with the iron sights , or has anyone used the tapco interfuse stock with irons sights ?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  2. OzarkRecluse

OzarkRecluse New Member

I would go with either Butler Creek

[​IMG]

or Rhineland Arms

[​IMG]

I don't have iron sights on the Rhineland Arms one but that's only because of the type of barrel I have on it. Change out the barrel to a sporter type and remove the holosight and it would work just fine.

3. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

Can you mount a sling on the butler creek and what about drilling holes for a bottom rail in the stock ?

4. OzarkRecluse

OzarkRecluse New Member

Yes to the sling. (there's one in my pic). I know people have mounted rails to the stock. I try not to get too carried away adding stuff to guns. It's not really setup to add a rail but those who have done it drill holes and/or try and use super glue and other stuff. I wouldn't recommend doing so.

Keep things simple and functional.

5. wb_carpenter

wb_carpenter New Member

I like the Choate folding stock because I think it would be more cheek friendly that the butler creek metal.

Cant go wrong either way but depending on what you want out of the rifle I would look into thumbhole stocks if you plan on doing accuracy mods.

When I had the choate I bought a Tapco to replace it but ended up butchering it trying to get a quad rail to fit :eek:.

6. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I have a folding stock just like that just sitting in the closet if you're in the market for something like that

7. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

How much? May take u up on that

8. CourtJester

Hell, I don't care. Throw me an offer, plus shipping which should be around 15ish bucks. I'm not using it and have no future plans to. I'm thinking I only paid around 50 for it and had it for several years. It's in perfect shape though.

9. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

60 is what I have in pocket what state and stuff do u live in we may be close

10. CourtJester

I'm not charging you 60 for a used stock. that wouldn't be right. hows 40 shipped?
    I'm just out side of cedar falls Iowa. How about you?

11. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

East Kentucky and I just bought a hole ruger 10/22 with a butler creek stock of a good friend for 215$ so sorry but I still may take u up on it let me think about it

12. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

Heres a pic
    The first pic was from my phone on a site that he sent the link to me before I bought it the second one was it just enlarged

Attached Files:

13. redscho

redscho New Member

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  14. group17

group17 New Member

I like my ATI folder just fine.
    [​IMG]