Ruger 10/22 Digital Camouflage

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by fupuk, Nov 9, 2011.

1. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Just got my son his Christmas present today. Can't wait to see his face when he opens his gifts. What age were you given your first .22 rifle? When did you give your child his/ hers first .22?

Attached Files:

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

That's a fantastic gift! I was 13 when my Dad gave me my first .22, a Belgian Browning T-Bolt.

3. fatmidgets

fatmidgets New Member

#1 DAD! Awesome gift! I was 15 when I got a savage mark 2. I bought myself with my birthday $. It came with a 3x9x50 Readhead rifle scope. You could shoot a gnats eye at 50 yards.

4. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

I received a Ruger 10/22 Deluxe Sporter for my twelfth birthday. We gave my 12 year old daughter a Ruger 10/22 with pink Hogue stock for Christmas last year. That digital camo is sweet.

5. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I was 10 when i got my first .22, but my son will be 8 in march... But he is very responsible for his age and knows what can happen when you missuse a weapon. When i was 13 i was shot in the eye with a bb that ricocheted off a wall. Now i only have one eye. So my son knows what can happen when you "play" with guns. And i know he will be responsible with it more than i was at his age.

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i think i was 8 or 9 when i got my first 22 rifle, a glenfield marlin 22 bolt action with a 5 shot mag. next year he got me a single shot 20ga shotgun. BTW, did it come with that digital camo? looks nice!

7. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Yah the camouflage was a factory color that one of my local gun shops had in stock. It was like $220.

8. Axxe55

hadn't seen that one yet. looks good, you son will be happy Christmas morning! i know i would be. get him a bulkbox of ammo for a stocking stuffer!

9. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Im thinking a bunch of 50rd boxes for a stocking stuffer so we can try a bunch of different types and see what works best.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  10. jamesb

jamesb New Member

Very cool. He is going to be stoked.

I'm 28 and just got my first .22 rifle. Of course a 10/22. I wish I got started earlier in firearms.

Check out CCI Mini Mags. They have been great in mine so far.

11. OchreFox

OchreFox New Member

Got a Remington 597 for my 11th b-day. Never jammed throughout the thousands of rounds I've fired

12. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I got six different types of ammo tonight and the CCI were mostly what i bought, i grabed like 500 rounds of that and like 100 each of the other brands. Either way they will be used in his rifle or the other handgun my oldlady wants.

13. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

Great present. I'm debating on getting my son a 1022. He will be 10 just after the new year. I'm 28 and still have never owned a 22. Maybe he will share :)

14. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

Awesome gift I got my first 22 when I was 11 and wish I still had it to this day. Really don't think there's Andy way to top a good 22 as a starter first gun know just give him a few boxes of shells and a place to shoot and enjoy teaching him how to safely Handel a firearm it's a lesson he will remember and enjoy the rest o his life and something he will share with his children on there first time shooting there first 22.

play the victim, be the victim

15. Axxe55

yeah, way to go! stocking stuffers! good luck and have fun with the new rifle.

16. XR750

XR750 New Member

I got a Winchester Mod 67 Boys Rifle in 1962 when I was Eight (8) years old.
    Joe-R

17. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Now i just gotta see what ammo works best with the rifle and buy a whole bunch of it. And i must say a box of 50 rounds cost anywhere between $2-6, and thats alot cheaper than ammo for my Ruger .357 or my oldladys 9mm Glock.

18. Axxe55

ain't that the truth! 22's are fun and cheap to shoot.

19. Hotshot

Hotshot New Member

I was 18 when I got my first 22. My son received his when he was 10. He is now 14 and "owns" 7 guns and wants more all the time. I think I have created a gun nut.

Sent from my LS670 using FirearmsTalk