Ruger 10/22 camo tactical stock

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by northhike, Mar 7, 2010.

1. northhike

northhike New Member

I'm considering getting a Ruger 10/22 for plinking and was wondering if anyone makes a camo tactical style stock. I know Tapco makes a couple in tan and green (solid colors), but does anyone make one in camo?

Thanks!

2. Chortdraw

Chortdraw New Member

[​IMG]
    This is my squirrel gittin gun. It is a real tack driver.

3. northhike

northhike New Member

That is awesome! Where did you get the stock and accessories?

4. Chortdraw

Chortdraw New Member

It was a while back but got it from Cabelas from one of the fire arms catalog's Several gun sites handle the stock but this was the only one I saw with this camo? Most are black. Light weight and fits great. The scope is a 3x9x40 but I think I will put the Bushnell 4x12 Trophy on it for next season. The stock is only for the standard barrel. The muzzle break is not much but looks good.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Here's pics of a Ruger factory stock in Realtree camo:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. CA357

7. northhike

northhike New Member

Just purchased the Ruger 10/22 in Realtree camo.....now for a camo scope....humm. ;)

8. northhike

northhike New Member

What scope is that?

9. CA357

It's a Nikon P30-Staff 3-9x40 in Realtree camo. I got it for $115. on sale at Sportsmans Warehouse some years back.

I'm going to go take a couple of pictures of my camo 10/22. I made some changes you may want to see. I'll be back shortly. ;)

10. CA357

Back. I stripped the bluing and primed the metal then painted it with Rustoleum Camouflage ultra flat Army Green. It's holding up pretty well so far. BTW, it has also had a Stalking Bear trigger job. It was a PITA, but I think it looks pretty cool. Here's some clickable thumbnails:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. KingTiger

KingTiger Member

I like the rings CA357, nice job.

Here's mine w/the factory camo stock. I replaced the camo barrel w/a 16" Tactical Innovations threaded barrel, Mueller APV scope, Burris Sig Zee rings, VQ FCG, ACC Aviator suppressor w/quick attach mount. It cycles CCI & Winchester subsonics fine.

[​IMG]

12. james_black

james_black New Member

Save some money and get yourself 2 or 3 cans of camo spray paint and VOILA!!!
    Personal touch.

13. northhike

northhike New Member

I might put a red dot scope on mine. I also like the look of the new barrels from tactical solutions. I can see this $299 gun will soon be a $700 gun. ;)