Ruby Ridge 20 years later

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by danf_fl, Aug 20, 2012.

1. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Those were terrible times for our country.

Many LEOS hated the FBI and BATF as bad as the Gestapo, and thought attorney general Janet "Butch" Reno was the Re-incarnation of Adolph Hitler. Waco poured salt on the wound.

The destruction of the Murrah federal building broke my heart, and brought tears to my eyes but it didn't surprise me at all. The only "surprise" to me, was that there were't a dozen more. Thank God there was only one McVeigh!

2. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Janet Reno is a murdering zealot, no doubt about that. But Ruby Ridge happened before Reno's watch and the BATF raid at Waco was in the planning stages before Renos watch. The juggernaut driven by the career bureaucrats of the BATFE continues to run on time regardless of which party sits in the white house. Too bad the US congress lacks the guts to rein in the BATFE.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Those who do not learn from history are comdemned to repeat it.

What are the chances of something like this happening with today's administration?

4. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Bingo...

Reno's claim to fame was the photo of black pajama'd Feds ripping a terrified 5 year old, "Illian Gonzales" from his uncles arms and forcibly returning the boy to Cuba...:mad:

That, and her uncanny ability to make Dana Carvey "in drag" look like a hottie!

Ugly Evil Bitch that woman.

Tack

5. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

6. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

The reason most people do not know about this in this day and age is because they no longer teach AMERICAN History in schools. My children had to find out Ruby Ridge and other things like that from me.

7. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

The chances of this happening today are very real. After all Holder was wet nursed by Janet Reno.

8. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Better they learn it from you...today's educational system would make the Weavers out to be Nazi's and the Gubmint thugs the hero's.

Weaver was a fool but his familly did not deserve what happened.

Tack

9. bkt

bkt New Member

Pretty darn good, sadly.

10. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Thanks for THAT mental picture AL! :eek:

I wonder if he had to lay at her feet? :D

11. orangello

orangello New Member

The Yahoo article i read earlier today indicated the daughter had forgiven the shooter with the help of her religion. She is a better person than me.

The comments on Yahoo explained how the shooter's criminal case was quietly dismissed in the aftermath of 9/11. Sad.

Is that even possible? {remember's Family Guy scene when Peter tried to nurse Stewie} :eek:

12. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

That is why my children and I discuss the daily happenings in the news and we spend most TV viewing time watching documentaries on the various educational channels (no free adds here). Of course we keep an open mind and ears just in case if those channels mention something incorrect. :D

13. locutus

Correct on both counts, Al.

But Reno gave the final order for the tanks to charge the church.

Most of the officers in my department called her either:

"The Butcher of Waco." or

"Butch the Butcher."

BTW, if anyone thinks George H.W. Bush (the elder) was a great guy, remember he signed off on Ruby Ridge, the initial planning for Waco, and worse yet,

THE BOTCHED COVER UP ATTEMPT.:mad::mad::mad:

14. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm surprised it hasn't already. I hope to god it isn't nuclear or biological.

15. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

just don't hang around outside while they are sprayin overhead for mosquitoes.....................:eek:

16. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

A retired special forces friend and I watched alot of the senate hearings on the ruby ridge incident and for me that was the point in my life I started paying attention to politics and the government and all the shennanigans that go along with both. In my opinion its a shame what the government did to that family and the FBI shooter wasnt prosecuted.

17. clem_

clem_ New Member

Never trust the Govt - why are they buying all that AMMO? its not all for pratice it for putting people down!.

18. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

i by NO MEANS condone what happened @ Ruby Ridge, but you cannot convict a person for following orders from a higher up that KNOWINGLY GIVES (GAVE) FALSE INFORMATION ABOUT THE SUBJECT(S) TO THE TACTICAL TEAM(S).

19. locutus

The politicians, who want to get re-elected, have kept the BATFE in check to some degree since Waco. Far too many people were upset, and even somewhat frightened by the Gestapo/KGB tactics used.

Of course, it WILL eventually happen again, but probably not for another 15-20 years, until a new generation has forgotten Waco And Ruby Ridge.

I would hate to admit that anything good could possibly have come from the Murrah bldg bombing, but perhaps it convinced some pols and bureaucrats that the American people will only take so much, and then they strike back.

Lets hope these pols have long memories, and keep the ATF/FBI butchers in check for a good long time.

Let's also hope and pray that if it ever becomes necessary to send them another message, only government thugs willl be targeted, and not innocent children in a day care center.

Regrdless of any noble motivations, let's not forget that McVeigh was as horrible of a monster as Reno and the FBI/BATFE terrorists.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012