RRA vs YHM Stripped Lowers?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by ZeusEcho, Sep 25, 2012.

1. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

An LGS has some RRA and YHM stripped lowers.

Don't recall the price but I was wondering if you all had a preference between the two for quality or other reasons?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

I tend to use rra lowers when im building an ar15 i just like their logo better

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Both are reputable companies, either should make a good foundation upon which to build your rifle.

4. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Do your fingernails leave marks on your lowers from RRA? It wipes right off but it's odd to me.

5. ZeusEcho

Mine leave marks on my BCM upper and lower and my C4 rail but they all wipe right off. I thought that was just from the slightly rough surface?

6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Maybe you need a trim. :)

7. ZeusEcho

Thanks all, I've heard good things about both. Just thought maybe someone had some experience where one didn't quite fit with certain uppers or LPKs.

8. ZeusEcho

LMAO :D- I can't stand when my nails are even slightly long! If theres any room there for dirt, they need a trim LOL

9. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

My 1st build was on a YHM lower. Good fit and finish, felt nice and balanced. All parts fit in nice and tight...no issue with out of spec holes, overspray clogs, etc. Don't think you can go wrong with either, RRA makes a good lower as well. The choice of a lower is basically on personal preference, it's pretty hard to get a really crappy one these days...most people make their choice based on the roll mark. Spikes and some others really exploit this and offer some pretty cool lowers. Believe there is a lower receiver show and tell on here somewhere, have a look you may find your dream lower...:)

10. ZeusEcho

Cool thanks for the feedback! As far as dream lower...I've been eyeing this-

http://www.seekinsprecision.com/ar-lowers-1.html

11. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Thats cool. One benefit of a billet lower is the semi custom looks. Forged lowers are more cookie-cutter.

12. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Which lower has a color that matches your upper more closely? That's the one I would choose.

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

Hmmm... i dont think the fingernails scratching the finish has ever come up for me. I just think long fingernails are tacky whether its a male or female hand with them. I think it makes a person look dirty.

And those french tip things women put on their toes and fingers are just downright creepy.

The only scratch ive put om my lowers is with a punch that slipped and went through the tap putting in the bolt hold open *sigh*

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  14. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Nails are short here.

15. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Oh yeah gotta hate that :eek:

16. ZeusEcho

Don't have one for it yet, just starting with another lower. I've got BRD...bad...:D

Oh no :eek:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012