RRA varmit upper. vs Bushmaster varmiter.

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by spyderfan, Jul 10, 2010.

1. spyderfan

spyderfan New Member

Well guys I finally ordered a lower reciever:D. But I am still deciding on my upper is one of these to better than the other it will be used as a target/small game rifle. What kind of accuuracy could I expect out of these uppers and should I get the 20 inch barrel or a 24 inch barrel or a shorter barrell.
    Thanks Aaron.

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I would go with the RRA myself. I have the RRA Predator Pursuit Rifle with the 20" barrel and it goes .6" 5 shot 100 yard groups with 2 different loads.

If you are going to use this as a walking varminiter then get the 20" if you are going to set up on a p dog town on a bench and take long shots go for the 24".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I'm partial to RRA,but either will shoot sub-moa with good ammo/handloads.

I also like the 20" barrels,the 24" doesn't really gain you that much in velocity,but will add about a pound or so more weight to an already heavy gun. If you are just going to shoot off a bench or bipod,and not planning on carrying the rifle around much in the field,you might want the 24" barrel.

4. spyderfan

spyderfan New Member

I think I will probably go with 20inch nice shooting tango:).

5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Aaron,

I fully agree with cpttango! But my opinion you certainly do not want a 24" heavy varmint barrel if you are going to do any moving or walking. Not to mention if you ever have to fire one offhand they are front heavy as H----. You can expect some 1/4 MOA Groups out of the RRA Heavy. Varmint Uppers in20" Also the predator pursuit is a great medium rifle, The barrel used in that model is the same barrel they build the Camp Perry Competition Rifles with. Meaning very accurate 1/4 to 1/2 MOA almost always. They have a 1:8 twist. Don't rule out the Coyote Models either. RRA would be my choice.