Rra lar-8

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by Jaybird1, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Jaybird1

Jaybird1 New Member

Newbie to the forum and I'm interested in information from other owners of RRA LAR-8 rifles. Not sure where to start here. Any info would be appreciated. Thx,Jaybird1

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

What kind of shooting will you be doing?

3. Jaybird1

Jaybird1 New Member

Target shooting

With this rifle I will be mostly interested in targets. If I get along with it and can figure oout a good deer load I might try it from my stand. So far I've just tried 147gr fmjbt to start collecting brass and the PMC ammo I've shot is aboout 1.25 moa at 100 yds. Still looking for "perfection".

4. ahole

ahole New Member

PICS MUST HAVE PICS. Lar8 or another name is FAL stay a way from the steel case cheep ammo. I held a I nice 3 inch group at 100m free hand this morning.

5. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

For hunting a lot of guys here like the RRA. I'm not a hunter and do mostly practical shooting. If I was looking at a .308 AR it wouldn't be a RRA. And depending on what site you're on some will say the RRA isn't worth the time of day.

6. Jaybird1

Jaybird1 New Member

The rifle I have is an RRA Lar-8 Mid-Length A4 with a collapsable buttstock. I mounted a 30mm Leupold VXR 3-9 Ballistic fire dot with Burris mounts untill the Trijcon 3.5x35 ACOG-TA11E arrives. It's use lends more to practical and tactical shooting but the deer here in north central AR. are seldom over 30 or 40 yds. away. I walk about 200yds. behind my house to hunt and sit in a stand.
    What I'm looking for is helpful first hand information from others with this brand firearm. I have several different firearms all for different purposes and I can argue Evinrude/Johnson, Chevy/Ford, Cessna/Piper, etc. all day but I would rather find out how to use what I have to it's max. potental so I can build on that.
    I haven't tried any handloads yet but, never had any trouble with my SPGFLD> M1A. Again, looking for good info. J

7. Jaybird1

Jaybird1 New Member

You can see my post above. Do you have a Rock River LAR-8 .308? I do have several fn mags (20 rd) but that's the only comminality besides cal. I can see. I try to stay away from cheap ammo and NEVER use steel cases. This PMC 147gr fmjbt was suggested as a test and seems to shoot great. About 200rds and no malfunctions. Any more suggestions would be great and I'll see if I can figure out how to post pix. Thx,J

8. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

For some reason I thought you were researching a future purchase.

9. Jaybird1

Jaybird1 New Member

Research

No, I did my research and tried out a couple of other platforms. Now I'm just trying to find the right forum for more information.