Rra Eop

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by gunnut970, Nov 19, 2008.

1. gunnut970

gunnut970 New Member

I have a Rock River Arms varmint EOP (elevated optical position). I am looking for a set of iron sights that will work. I do have a small piccany rail on the gas block. Any suggestions?

2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

The EOP upper was designed for mounting scopes,not open sights. I don't know if anyone makes a set that will work on an EOP upper,but you never know,someone might. You would have to have a very tall front sight for them to work.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I don't know of a set either. You are probably looking at a custom set, if you want to go that route.

The EOP upper was designed for scope duty, shooting a varmints a fw hundred yards out. Not really ideal for close up, room to room work.

JD

4. gunnut970

gunnut970 New Member

RRA EOP iron sights

Thanks a bunch you guys. I kind of knew it was a long shot, I just wanted them for home defense. I have a 20 inch RRR varmint and I just wanted to take the scope off and use it for home defense. Thanks again for the replies.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Get a heads up unit that you can mount to that high rail, then dial the sights up to force the barrel down for close in work.

It's not ideal, but then again, neither is going room to room with a 20" bull barrel. :D

Or, you can get yourself a different upper altogether and slap it on when you have the unit at home.

JD

6. gunnut970

gunnut970 New Member

Thanks a bunch for the info Dillinger. I'm kind of new to the AR scene. Has anyone had any experiance with the PS-90 upper? I have the chance to pick one up for real cheap.