RRA Delta or Elite Comp

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by LoveJoyz, Oct 6, 2013.

1. LoveJoyz

LoveJoyz New Member

I have the opportunity to pick up wither the Rock River Arms Delta Mid-Length (here http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=568 ) or the Rock River Arms Elite Comp (here http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=374 ) for a bit of a discount. I can't say how much, sorry. ;)

The Elite Comp has a free-float, and comes already with a chrome lined barrel. But is that worth the extra $450 stock price? Or are you paying for the added assembly?

This is a gift for my dad, and I'm not a rifle mastermind, that's why I'm looking for some insight. It would be for some coyote hunting, some plinking, and some private family courses.

I'm just wondering what the Elite Comp has that makes me need that, and spend the extra 4bills over the Delta Mid-Length. Thank you!

2. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I would get the Elite Comp.

Here's why:
    I prefer the Elite Comp's buttstock
    You get flip up sights ($204 value)
    Free float rail instead of drop in rails ($155 value)
    Tactical Muzzle Brake ($35 value)

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Doesn't add up to $450 :confused:

4. LoveJoyz

LoveJoyz New Member

I was worried about the flip up sights value, because he's going to be putting a Holo sight on it right away...damn. Thanks Argyle.

Can you think of any other products that will give me that same type of setup for a quality, durable, reasonable price? Just off the top of your head of course. I can always do more research. Thanks again.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Fancy sights

7. Argyle_Armoring

Those are Rock River's prices and in the same price range as Troy, Daniel Defense and Larue.

8. Argyle_Armoring

I would always recommend an Argyle Armoring/SWAT Firearms AR-15. ;)

9. ccase39

ccase39 Member

I love the free float on the elite. Exactly what I am looking for. Anyone know where I can get one of those.

10. Argyle_Armoring

You can buy them from Rock River.

11. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

I love my well-made Tactical Entry AR1251 rifle.

Look here for nice price: Kentucky Gun Co.. You may find something you like in stock. :)

12. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  13. LoveJoyz

LoveJoyz New Member

Mostly because it doesn't have a rail already included with it. My pops has a Holo sight that will be going on it instantly, so I was looking for optics, foregrip, and taclight/laser ready.

I figured the Delta would be the way to go.....and then I found the Elite Comp...blah. I like it, just trying to justify the price.

14. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Ah, gotcha. I popped a quad rail on my Entry Tactical almost a week after I got it, I almost forgot it didn't come on the gun.

15. LoveJoyz

LoveJoyz New Member

Some of those Argyle products look nice though. Going to do a search around to see who has experience with any of them.

16. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Me too - almost forgot I did the same! :D

17. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I did. But I sold it for a slight profit, so maybe not.

I preordered a gun package from them for $1k, and it was a good setup at that price. They apparently were running low on some parts and pieces, so they took the liberty of downgrading the agreed upon specs while charging the full price. Then refused to address the issue. That seemed a little underhanded with a taste of bait-and-switch to me. I don't have a lot of faith in their integrity.

Their rifles are impressive from an accuracy standpoint. Good choice for a benchrest AR. They're on the heavy side, which doesn't matter to everyone. I didn't like that my 16" ML weighed in at 9.8lbs (unloaded, no optics)...50% above what I'd consider ideal.

18. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 New Member

I like the UTE, but each to their own. Had zero issue with ordering the upper, but the lady who took it was not a thrill to deal with and I ordered a stock item with no special features. The reason I didn't like the call is she seemed to want to tell me they couldn't just ship me the upper directly but in AR. they can.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  19. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Have you compared your RRAs with discount, whatever it is, with real bang for the buck offerings? I doubt you can beat a PSA sale, though you have to be on top of your wait then pounce game. Tis the season for sales, too.

20. samnev

samnev New Member

I have an Elite Comp and imo it is worth very penny it costs. RRA says it is capable of 1.5 moa. With my hand loads or FGMM it shoots consistently 5 shot 100 yard groups in the 0.6"-0.75" range all day. The muzzle brake is as good as the Surefire brakes on my other rifles.