Royally PO'd

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by boatme98, Jun 9, 2014.

1. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I havent driven my new car all weekend. This am I pulled it out of the carport, washed it, and went to breakfast.
    I parked in an empty lot next to the diner. No other vehicles around.
    When I came out, I walked around the car, and saw a ding that actually chipped the paint on the passenger door.
    I am so ticked off! It seems that every time I take this car out, somebody bangs it somewhere.
    I make it a point to park far away from anything, yet some one inevitably parks right next to me, and bangs my car.
    I'm starting to think the car is cursed (ran over a dead deer on the interstate the first week I had it).
    I'm seriously thinking of selling it.

2. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Ouch !................

3. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

You too? I bought a new truck last October. Within less than a month there was 2 little marks and dents in the driver's side rear door. Body guy looked at it for all of 1/2 second, and said, "shopping cart dent". Now, I think I go out of my way to be nice to this truck. It doesn't go off road, etc. But I can't keep the dents and scratches off of it. Same thing with my last one. After I'd had it 1 year, I had accidentally backed it into something in my garage, multiple scratches, and the windshield cracked 'cause of a rock ding. Really chaps my ass.....

4. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Years ago I had a really raggedy truck. I'm talking Beverly hillbillys truck. I could park that in a crowded parking lot and when I came back out there wouldn't be a car within 10 spaces of it. :D Loved that old truck.

5. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

This past Sept. I bought my Jeep Patriot. I got the new car ding and chip discount by buying it a year old! :D

6. TLuker

TLuker New Member

My Daddy always said anytime a man buys a new truck he should just go ahead and put a big scratch in it right then. That way he can get it over with, quit worrying about it, and enjoy the truck as a truck. :)

7. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

I know how you feel. Lucky for me, my truck is about 14 years old and the paint is not all that great. I did notice the other day that someone must have turned just a little too early or late getting into a parking spot because I have a 4 inch dent right in front of the back bumper.

8. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Yeah that's one good thing about having an older truck. Mine had some crash damage in the front, (everything worked), crash damage on the bed, PLENTY of scratches, dents, dings, etc. I bonked it good one day with a log, and just shrugged. Whatever. LOL.

9. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Thank goodness, I thought you had been peed on. :p

There are definitely advantages to driving older vehicles.

10. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

The car is 14 years old, but it was garage kept, and only had 2 minute dings on it.
    It looks like it just came from the dealership. I'd like to keep it that way for a while.

11. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Same thing happened to our '12 Ford Escape. Someone in the Wally Parking lot Hit us and ran,..old hillbilly junker pickup prob. no $$ and no Ins. Cops asked me what I wanted to Do,..I told them, If he's not gonna admit that he or someone driving his truck did it and won't pay, then write his *&* a Ticket! lets see if he calls me. Cop told him he had to do it(this Happened Sat. afternoon) by Tuesday(my Instructions-to call me to arrange payment) Afternoon or else the cop would call me, and he'd file the summons....The Officer thinks the son was driving it, and does not have a Lic. only a Learners Permit, and Daddy or Mommy was not in the truck when it happened....not that we can really afford this,..I have bills too, if i pay to fix it on my own, something else doesn't get pd this month....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

12. therewolf

therewolf New Member

It's my experience that most folks have recurring

situations in their lives. I have two flat tires, always

within 24 hours of each other. Other folks always sneeze

3 or 4 times in a row.

It sounds like nice, but constantly dinged up cars may be

your recurring situation, Boatme.

13. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Huh. Don't the cops automatically seek out those H&R people and arrest them? As far as I knew, that was a huge nono.

14. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Best way for that never to happen is to drive an old beat POS Vehicle like my 2002 Dakota. Its got holes in it you could pass a football through, nobody hits it ever now that its nearing end of life. God knows Ive tried! Ive encouraged them to, I park in places people might smash it, never happens.

15. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

I park on the back 40 of every parking lot as well. I've seen people in new Lincolns and Escalades open their doors and bang another guy' car. They don't have to be driving junkers to be stupid.

16. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

After 22 years of NY winters, starting life as a fleet vehicle, and year 2 of my daughter driving, my truck is one damaged corner away from me having a full set of dents (driver's side rear).

I have had 2 brand new trucks 22 years I have been driving. The first thing I did when I got it home in both cases was to walk over to the garage and grab a ball peen hammer and a chain. Both would be taken to the inside of the bed, the hammer to a wheel well once, and a half dozen or so chain whips to the bed floor. That way, I never agonizes over that first scratch or dent. it's a truck. By the time I get rid of it, the motor or trans will have fallen out, and it won't have a straight, rust free panel on it.

One of my trucks, a 1973 Ford F-250 that I restored in high school, had a huge dent where the bed rail and side in front of the passenger rear wheel well from a friend cutting down a tree, and not dropping it where he intended to. I climbed up into the bed, and proceeded to buck the log from there to get it down to a size we could move off the truck.

He is standing there after we moved the tree, and all he kept saying was"Oh sh!t man, I am so sorry." over and over. I went to the cab, and took a Sharpie out of the glove box, walked out to the dent, and wrote the following in it:

"Put Tree Here."

Yes, it was restored. Yes, I had put several thousand dollars into restoring it, but it was still a work truck at the end of the day. I used it to haul loads, and plow snow in the winter, sh!t happens. I was just glad that the tree only fell on the truck, not one of us that were doing the felling. I left it like that for the winter, and the next spring my friend went out to New Mexico to visit with family. He brought me back a replacement bed side and header panel that we changed out and repainted that summer, and yes, after it was all back together out came the chain and the hammer.

After all. It was just my work truck. ;)

17. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

You said exactly how I feel. Yes it is nice to have a clean truck and try to make it last, but in the end a truck was designed to be used and abused. For me, I keep my vehicles mechanically sound. I do all my own work on them. However, I care just enough about the looks for the vehicle to not look like a giant POS.

Like I said, trucks are meant to be used and abused. I laugh and shake my head in shame all the time when I see somebody roll by in their F-250 with a 16 inch lift kit, on 22 inch low profile tires, chrome everywhere, radio blasting and rattling everyone around. If it has never seen mud, then THAT'S NOT A TRUCK!!!!! All that is is a city boy with too much money, spending it on an overly exaggerated chrome (man part) extension.

BTW, cars do not follow the previous logic. Keeping a car looking nice is entirely different.

18. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Won't argue that last. i tried for many years to keep my 70 Challenger showroom, but it just never quite worked out. It was never the fact that it got an occasional dent to ding that bugged me. it was the fact that the folks who did it would never say a word about it, and I would always find it later on. it only had 2 or 3 door dings and scratches during the 4 years that I owned it, but I will admit that it drove me nuts.

nice to see that it's not just me that shakes his head at the Napoleonic truck owners. I take my 2 wheel drive truck places most folks with a 4 wheel drive won't go. It never fails that I wind up pulling out some meat head that thinks 4WD means it will go anywhere when they spent that extra $3,000 on chrome instead of a winch and accessories. the only thing that bugs me more is the guys that won't take their trucks off road, or the ones who complain about the fact that they only get 13 MPG. Hello, you bought a truck, not a Honda Civic. i always want to ask if their trucks came with a free sample of Enzyte.

19. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I bought a new Harley last year, picked it up with 4 miles on it. Everyone I work with tells me my bike is dirty and that I have paint missing from the rear turn signals and part of the swingarm. There are minor scratches and a few spots that don't look "new" I have put almost 10k miles on it since I bought it. Most of the things that are not 100% are from me and the wife riding it out to Sturgis SD, from MI.There is no way in hell to keep something you drive brand new. I'm not saying this to piss anyone off its just part of everyday wear and tear.

20. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Some how you have angered the "Ding God" and he has it in for you, no matter how many cars you own.

You need to get on his good side.:)