Royal wedding...security.......

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Apr 24, 2011.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

They say the Royal Wedding will have..SNIPERS..on every building overlooking the wedding parade...and special forces are going to be on high alert...The cost of that will be very high$$$$$.....I think the Americans are playing-up the wedding more then the Britt's.....They say Security will be at a all time high...I see their on high alert already...Camera's everywhere,with micraphones on them...They say they can zero in a mile away and look at your face.....Big Brother at work.........

2. AusLach

AusLach New Member

If I were Kate I'd be pretty worried about security too.. Not now but in 10 years time :eek:

Personally I don't understand the big fuss, it's not as if the King or Queen has any power over the monarchy these days anyhow...

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Source? And of what relevance is the word SNIPERS capitalized for reasons of this thread? :confused:

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I saw Ron Reagan speak at an outdoor venue when I was in college. The security was just as tight, if not tighter. The fact is that when high profile people do high profile things, the security is tight. That includes "sharp shooters" atop the peaks.

Not understanding this original post at all.

5. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

SORRY...about the cap's....not thinking......

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I was involved with Her Majesty's visit to the US in 1976. (Bumped my value in the eyes of my English lady, I can tell you THAT!) When a head of state is in a public, open ceremony, you're damned skippy there will be sharpshooters covering the venue. Concept is defense in depth. There is one layer to deal with the "arms length" threat, and the more distant threats.

Unfortunately there ARE people in this world that are more than a few fries short of a happy meal, and are convinced that Prince and his bride are pod people sent to take over the world, starting with the Pig & Whistle Pub, and the Plymouth Argyles football team- not to mention the plain old mean assed people like the ones that killed Lord Louis Mountbatten (along with his 14 yr old grandson, his 83 yr old mother-in-law, and a 15 yr old deck hand).

7. freefall

freefall New Member

Who did kill Lord Mountbatten? I live my life by his advice to Prince Charles, "Never miss a chance to rest your feet or empty your bladder".

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

The bomb was planted by Thomas MacMahon of the IRA, but was arrested 2 hours prior ro the detonation of the remote controlled bomb. Meaning he was assisted by at least one other. The IRA claimed responsibility for the death of Mountbatten.

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

What the hell is a Royal wedding? Why are we talking about wedding planning anyways? Did firearms talk become Rue Pauls Tuck Talk or something? Did Notdku sneak in a format change on me like the radio stations do?

10. opaww

opaww New Member

I remember that visit, had a few words with some of her Military personnal that were here for her visit back then. I just ended up telling them that we kicked their asses out twice before and we can do it again.

11. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I personally dont care and I can't wait til I can turn on the news at night and not here about it. Don't we have bigger things to report on like say...the economy, souring gas prices and why our government won't get their head out of their arse and let us use the natural resources we have here which would let us tell the rest of the oil producing world to stuff it, aid economic growth and we can still research alternative methods of energy production in the mean time.

12. opaww

opaww New Member

Thats all small stuff compaired to the prince fixen to get layed officaly

13. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

HOLY CRAP! I just got a nasty look from the secretary for laughing so loud! :D :D :D

14. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I saw a piece on the news about the security. It also referenced that there will be snipers on rooftops and helicopters with video cameras on them powerful enough to identify an individuals face from the air while moving. The cameras would be monitored by people on the ground and the whole security group was connected via a pretty bad ***(something out of 24 or an action movie) looking communications room.

They also said 80 dignitaries will have personal security focused on them alone but their security is also in communication with the main security force.

Scary in a big brother sense, but awesome in it's scope and use of technology and manpower.

15. opaww

opaww New Member

I say let them have their wedding and all the hoopla that goes with it. Sense we do worse stuff with POS's like lady gaga

16. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Prince fixen to get layed officaly...That was to funny....I can't wait till it's over either...That and the shudle lift-off is the bull-sh#t of the week...Rained in at St.louis,MO...and going nuts with cabin fever...been a week and a half now,when the sun does come back the grass is going to be so tall,that you will need a brush-hog to cut it....

17. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Whats wrong with a shuttle launch?
    [​IMG]

Seems pretty bad *** to me.

18. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Not a thing...Just saying it's all your going to hear about for the next week....That's all......