Rossi Ranch Hand?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by monroe45CAL, Apr 18, 2013.

1. monroe45CAL

monroe45CAL New Member

Anyone got a Ranch Hand I have been looking at them are they a fun toy? Or the mares leg?

2. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

hope it helps. here are a few of my thoughts.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/my-rossi-ranch-hand-review-67028/

i have the ranch hand in 357. i REALLY like the mare's leg. just a cool little toy to have. ALWAYS gets big attention at the range. the ranch hand has its ups and downs, read through the review. overall, i really like it.

and ignore my avatar :D. inside joke.

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Had a mares leg-

Fun for awhile-

For about two months then not so much.

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

He might "like" it. ;)

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have given much thought into buying one myself, but just for a fun gun to shoot. i know that it wouldn't be practical and have thought pretty much like Hossfly that the fun would wear off and i would probably just sell it off. so unless i ran across one really cheap in price, i doubt i will buy one. still might be cool to have though.

they are a neat little gun and i was always a huge Wanted or Dead fan. maybe one day if the right one comes along at the the right price.

6. monroe45CAL

monroe45CAL New Member

If i do get one i think i want it in the 44mag. But i do like the 38/357. Still don't know if i want to spend 450-500 on a toy.

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

looked at several at my LGS and if i bought one, it would be the 45 Colt version. would cost about $525 at my LGS. lot of money, IMO for fun gun that's not really practical. pretty much why i haven't bought one yet.

if i run across one in decent shape for about $250-300, i might consider it.

8. monroe45CAL

monroe45CAL New Member

9. hawkguy

well, i know YOU do, mr cool guy! :D

10. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I think it could serve a purpose for a select few, for the rest is just a novelty. Honestly most guns are that to me, novelties. This would definitely be one, but I too have thought seriously about picking one up several times. I'd go with the 357 or 44.

11. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

You two go find a mountain somewhere, this is a public forum!

Just shameful!

12. hawkguy

only one explanation for that. you couldn't "flip cock" it. you're mad cause your skills just weren't up to the task...lol..j/k...;)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SEN1lBi7oM[/ame]

i got flip cocking skills.....now leave that alone, mccool! :rolleyes:

13. hawkguy

if only you knew :rolleyes:

14. monroe45CAL

monroe45CAL New Member

Yea its hard putting that kind of money into a toy.

15. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Hey no judgements here, just jeering!

16. hawkguy

i am total agreement with you here. that was all i heard when i was thinking of getting the ranch hand...."what is its use? its just a novelty!"

then i ask "what do you use your AR for?".....****crickets***** :p

all guns are novelties unless you are police, military, or use them to hunt.

the ranch hand can fit a few uses. it would make a nice backpack or atv gun imo. if you fire it correctly, it is as accuarate as any handgun out there.

its a cool gun. i like mine. not for everyone, but i really love levers...so the mare's leg is pretty cool imo.

17. hawkguy

true. but like most firearms, you will get a good percentage back, if you decide to get rid of it.

i have most certainly wasted money on MUCH more stupid things, that did not hold any value. every electronic device i have purchased comes to mind...:(

18. monroe45CAL

monroe45CAL New Member

Do they hold there value well?
    When did they first start making them? I just started seeing them this year.

19. hawkguy

i think you should consider becoming a supporting member! :)

20. hawkguy

i only have limited experience here, but i have rarely heard of getting less than 50% of a guns value back on a trade in. often, you do better.