Rossi Circuit Judge

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by TooStrongTerry, Apr 10, 2012.

1. TooStrongTerry

TooStrongTerry New Member

Hey y'all. Was looking at this carbine and I like it alot. This would be my first "rifle" besides my 22 and I am thinking about it because of the versatility. I own 2 12 ga. And I love em. Was looking at getting a 410 and found this...I'm liking the 45 colt aspect. Any reason to NOT get this gun? Anyone own one that love it/hate it?

@TooStrongTerry

2. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

My brother in law has it and u can't shoot bird or buck shot through it... The rifled barrel will spin the shot and make a circle pattern on anything that you shoot at.. Idk about shooting rifled slugs through a rifled barrel. (I don't think that is possible) and i don't think sabot slugs are made in 410 so all your left to shooting are 45 LC and special defense rd that are made for that gun.

Also I've read reviews on ammo that if you shoot lead nose rounds like cowboy loads they foul up the rifling in no time... Personally I don't think id get one.. There's many other rifles out there that u can get that are much cheaper to shoot..

The cheapest rds we found are 40 bucks for 50 rds.. And they were blazers.

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.

3. TooStrongTerry

Any suggestions? Lol that's the first I heard that about the buck shot. But I can't shoot centerfire in my county(we do any ways) just not hunting. But...yeah...lol

@TooStrongTerry

4. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

What state/county at u in? That's crazy!

Well what do u want to do with it? Self defense? Target? If so how far? Personally I went from a 10/22 ruger as my first gun to a tc venture 30-06 as my second.. Ik it's a huge jump but it was under 500 bucks and I wanted to get into deer hunting...

Also what is your price range?

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.

5. TooStrongTerry

Erie county ny. Price range is about 500... I want an older style gun that is universal

@TooStrongTerry

6. TooStrongTerry

I do leave my county to hunt. But not as often as I stay here. Kinda cheap to shoot. Plink. Hunt. Etc.

@TooStrongTerry

7. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

I think others on here could help you with older guns that you might like... All that's coming to mind is a mini 14 or maybe a saiga in 223 or another caliber like 308.. The ak style platform will eat any steel ammo you throw at it so it will save you on plinking... The saiga in 308 come in to different barrel length.. I'd get the longer one for higher velocities...

8. TooStrongTerry

The store near my house has one used for 499 with a scope...haven't seen it I just called.

@TooStrongTerry

9. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

For the saiga 308? If its not to ba looking its a fair price compared to the ones I've seen in ny for sale.

The thing with them is that they can take a hell of a beating and still shoot straight... I got mine off of a friend and he shot 1k+ of corrosive ammo then another 500 of bear ammo and never cleaned it.... I let the parts soak over night with some CLP and windex and I've never had one problem with it at all...

The only thing to keep in mind with saigas is they are sporting rifles and can't use mags over 10rds untill they are swapped back to conform to 9.22r fed law... Im converting mine myself next week..

10. TooStrongTerry

No for the mini 14... it was 499.99

@TooStrongTerry

11. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

Ohh yeah I'm not to familiar with that gun... Dk how it likes steel or the range on it but I'm pretty sure you can shoot 5.56 ammo out of it.. Look up on the twist rate too cuz I have no clue about it...
    The 1-7 twist will be good for heavy rds like 62+..
    Good for hunting but not good for cheaper 55gr 223 rds cuz they can actually spin apart in mid air ...
    I'm surprised no one else jumped in on this thread... We should just be sending each-other messages haha

12. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Ruger mini 14 serial number 188-71086 and higher are 1:9 twist. Prior to that it was 1:12.

13. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Think about a Winchester 30-30

14. TooStrongTerry

I thought about it. I really like the old lever guns. If I did go that route I would get a Rossi Puma 38/357...or the like...

@TooStrongTerry

15. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

My buddy has a marlin 30-30 he got used with a scope for like 400 bucks.. Thing was never shot before tho... Sweet gun the only thing is he has to but soft point or polymer tip ammo so you don't set off the round before it inside the magazine... He's brought it deer hunting twice and ammo isn't too bad.. I think rem makes a box of 20 for 11 or 12 bucks from my local dicks sporting goods..

16. TooStrongTerry

I was thinking about a Henry Big Boy or something like that. Something in 38/357...

@TooStrongTerry

17. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

If it was never shot, wouldn't it be new?

18. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

No.... Once it's purchased it becomes used... Just like a car... U drive it off the lot it's used.. Gun walks out the store it's used..

U try to sell a car the day after u buy it new you can't label it new even tho it could have less miles then another brand new car from the dealer has... Best you can label it as is "like new"

19. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Good point,, btw wondet how a sign outside your house that said" guns not free to burglars,, but the bullets are"....lol

20. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

Haha good one!