Rossi 44 mag

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Hectocotylus, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Hectocotylus

Hectocotylus New Member

Just saw a Rossi 44 mag 2 in barrel for 259. Sounds amazing. Tell me why this is a bad idea.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

If you have never shot a .44 mag is such a light revolver, be counting your blessings.

Physics. The smaller the mass, the less energy needed to move it.

It may be okay with .44Special, but the .44 Magnum will get your attention real quick.

3. jnhfrahm

jnhfrahm New Member

In that small of a gun it will kick like a mule. :) just sayin.

4. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

Don't be a sally. Go for it. If you don't you'll just regret it later.

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

If you want it buy it-
    Don't expect to hit much with it :eek:

6. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

If you have $259 to kick around then go for it. It probably won't be your favorite gun. It's gonna kick like crazy. If you just want a cheap range gun, and don't mind the kick, go for it.

7. shaker

shaker New Member

7.62x25 mm handgun :) yep I said it now go do your research.

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Most don't have to research it but WHAT does it have to do with a Rossi 44:confused:

9. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Yep yesterday I ate a Turkey sandwich :) yep I ate it. Now go do your research on sandwiches.

10. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

11. phildenton

phildenton New Member

i think shaker got confused as to what he was doing.

12. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I'll go along with confused :rolleyes:

13. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

If you want if for self defense, it'll be perfectly OK loaded with some stout .44 special ammo. Plus if you want to impress (or intimidate) yer friends at the range you can take along some .44 mag ammo, but .44 mag in a .44 snubby would be kinda iffy for self defense.

14. shouldazagged

shouldazagged New Member

Is it just me, or is the idea of ANY .44 Magnum for self-defense terrifying? If you have maybe three bad guys lined up in tight single file that kind of penetration potential might make sense. But then I once saw a guy at the range shooting a .50 Desert Eagle he swore he carried concealed for protection. Talk about an express ticket to Lawsuit City!

I'm not saying there's no place for .44 Mag. There is, definitely, and the Rossi looks pretty cool. But I'd sure listen to the folks saying to load it with .44 Special, and maybe get a Magnum with at least a four-inch barrel for protection against big, fierce animals like bears and boars.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  15. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

Yeah, you get a lot of noise, but noise at that level doesn't damage body tissue, except maybe eardrums. Also the recoil can make follow-up shots slow or maybe wildly off target. But you can carry .44 Special ammo in the .44 mag revolver, which is pretty good defensive ammo without the nasty recoil.