Rossi 44 leveraction

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by twitch, Sep 3, 2013.

1. twitch

twitch New Member

I found one for 350 ,is this a decent rifle.its in like new condition and legal for deer here in indiana.

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

My mom's hunting rifle isn't pictured. It's a .44 mag Rossi. She's taken several deer with it, and this...

Range was around 100 yards, can't remember the exact number. On the run, among her horses. She shot him from her back porch, dropped him in his tracks, then put another couple more in him just to make sure...

facebook_-2116265848.jpg

It's a good rifle for sure. Not the best by any means, but if someone ever actually makes a "best gun", there'll be a whole lot of people looking for work.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Pretty. Too bad there's so many holes in it.

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

They'd had horses injured by these coyotes. Mama was pretty pissed.

I'll note, all three shots were hits. The first one was a kill/crippling shot, it went diagonally through his body, either shoulder/opposite hip, or hip to opposite shoulder, can't remember which. Made him roll.

5. phideaux

phideaux Active Member Supporter

$350 is Ok if it is in 99% shape.
    You can depend on them to shoot good and operate good.
    If you slick em up ,using the Steve Gunnz video, you will like em even more, smoother than silk.

I like my .44 mag and my .357 mag.
    My grandson hunts with both, loves em.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Jim

6. twitch

twitch New Member

Alright I appreciate it,now what best round for it and does anyone recommend a scope.also I was lookin at cases on eBay is there a lot of difference between em