Rossi .357 Lever

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by aandabooks, Oct 18, 2013.

1. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

What's a fair price for a .357 Lever in stainless? LGS has one that I'm considering. MSRP is $599 but what are they really going for?

2. magnumman

magnumman New Member

Last price on Buds was $462. For the price you are talking, you can get a marlin 1894 which I have and highly recommend. Never owned of fired a Rossi so I can't speak to their quality but that weird safety on the top of the receiver is a turn off. The marlin has a cross bolt safety which is a little less in your face.

3. Mongo

Mongo Active Member Supporter

They were an excellent quality rifle when they were made by Rossi and held one more round inthe tube than the Marlin. I don't know about their quality since they are now owned by taurus. It's no secret that I have a low opinion of taurus. Some folks have had good luck while others have to return new ones for service. I bought the Rossi in 44 Mag (a real Rossi) stainless and like it a lot. I used to own a Marlin 1894 that I also liked a lot but decided that I don't need 30 30 caliber.

4. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I have an EMF Hartford .44-40. Great rifle. 24" octagonal barrel and smooth as silk. Accuracy is outstanding. It was made by Rossi and EMF did the smoothing out, refinement. They changed the sights to a barley corn front and adjustable buckhorn rear.
    My buddy has a .45LC Rossi with an 20" round barrel. No goofy safety and is fairly accurate to 75 yards. Not as smooth, but still not bad. Trigger is VG.

5. moonpie

moonpie New Member

I got mine off GunsAmerica . If you are patient you can find one well below the $500 mark.