Firearms Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I just purchased a used Glock 17. I paid $500 for the pistol,holster,2 17 round magazines, 1 30 round magazine, 1 Glock knife, and 50 rounds. I am thinking that it is a Gen 1. It has no mounting rails and no finger grips. I was wondering if I paid too much for it? I was told that I should have only given the guy $350 for it. Like I said I am a rookie at the gun purchasing thing.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
You didn't get a really hot deal, but you didn't get burned either. Might
be a second gen gun---they didn't have rail or finger grooves either.
Buy a pile of cheap ammo and go shoot it!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the great state of Mississippi :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
Welcome, I'm a n00b too and will tell you this is one of the best forums I've found, might be cause I love guns.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If it shoots good for you and has no hic-ups you have plenty of mags. and a holster and a nice knife I'd say you did ok. All thats left is the fun part.:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shot it

Yeah just went out and shot my Glock today put about 100 rounds through it. I actually shot a really good pattern with it. Love the smooth trigger on it. Can't really complain about it. I only have two things about it. I have to aim low on my target. Two when I cock the slide back it looks as if the barrel and the spring rod are bent upward. I don't know if this is normal or not but I had no problem shooting it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts