ROLLING THUNDER ! The Wife and I , Remington and Colts , Fire and Flame

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by KAB, Feb 13, 2012.

1. KAB

KAB New Member

Well , we did our job today as Citizens of the USA . We made fire and smoke in a big way today . My wife is one heck of a shot , and I have now taught her to be SAFE , confident , knowledgable , and profficient in cap and ball shooting and the owning of these very cool weapons . These are my proud pictures of my petite wife doing her thing with her and even my weapons . She shoots her Navy Pocket Colt well , then picks up my 1860 Colt and the Remington 58 and puts lead on the paper . I am beyond proud of this woman , and now she tells me she loves this stuff ! I did my duty as a husband and citizen today to spread this sport .
    Here's the day and the pics to prove it :

Getting ready to shoot hers , we use a mini-grease gun to grease over cylinders , we dont play around .

[​IMG]

Getting ready to shoot mine ,

[​IMG]

My beautiful Wife doing it to it ! So proud of her .

[​IMG]

Her layin down the LAW !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Her puting the Fire to it buddies ! This is 30 gr , Holy Black !

[​IMG]

This is ME , at my funnest .

[​IMG]

Now my turn to BURN IT DOWN !

[​IMG]

The very DIRTY GIRLS !

[​IMG]

We had so much dang fun shooting together , all alone too on a crappy cold day , blowing through two flasks of powder and laughing and just enjoying eachother and the guns .
    What amazed me was watching this little gal of 5'3" tall about 125 lbs , load the Remington and Colt up to 30 gr. and blast away putting a copious amount of balls in the black and even hitting the bull from time to time .
    She ROCKS ! I love this Sport and lifestyle , my wife , my guns , her guns , and life .
    Today is what life is all about , and we thank you everyone for letting us share a bit of US with you . No go out and freekin play !

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Good man! Show her this-

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIXc8yQ2m84[/ame]

3. KAB

KAB New Member

Thanks C3SHOOTER

Thanks C3 , she loves that movie :D
    Scarlettes HOT :p
    The wife totally understands back in the day every woman sported guns , protected the home , and blasted YANKS , or god forbid , Rebs , LOL...

4. towboater

towboater Active Member

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the nice pics.
    Gonna be my turn to burn..... some powder soon. Cant wait.
    Glad ya'll had some fun.

5. KAB

KAB New Member

Thanks Buddy !

Thanks Buddy , yup its your turn now :D
    I honestly don't remember when I have had this much fun , HA , it was last week , yeh thats right ! :D Life is good :)

6. towboater

towboater Active Member

She is definitely a keeper.
    Gonna try and get my wife to shoot some.

7. towboater

towboater Active Member

I'm gonna try to build a wooden loading rest like that while I'm home. Also ordered 200-375 balls and 200-454 balls. Gonna have to order some powder soon. Cant find any around here.

8. vincent

vincent New Member

Plain and simply AWESOME!!! Thank you for sharing, great pics, GREAT post!!!!!!!!!

9. KAB

KAB New Member

Cool

It will bring you closer for sure , or ruin ya :confused:
    It is a great past time with the wife , if you can just get her to try it , she may love it ;)

10. KAB

KAB New Member

Powder

Get ready for a HAZMAT fee Towboater , so order a bunch O Pow Pow . ;)
    Too bad you aint got a Cabelas in town like me , or a few Gunshops that stock real BP ? If you can get real BP , thats the ticket man :)
    I got to start meltin my own lead , this shootin all the time thing is killin me pocket book .

11. KAB

KAB New Member

Thanks Vincent

Thanks Vincent !
    I do my best at trying to provide entertainment to the Forum :eek:
    I at least am having fun at it , hopefully we can get some converts going here and get some more folks to post some guns , range trips , blah blah blah , you know the drill :D
    Thanks again

12. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Looks like a fun day to me KAB. Unfortunately I can't get my wife to use any of my smokers. She won't even go to the range with me when I break out the black powder pieces. She prefers bullets over balls I guess. That's alright though, I got her daughter into it last summer and we have range days like that.:D Keep your powder dry and carry on!

13. KAB

KAB New Member

Good Point Kfox

You brought up a good point Kfox75 . Alot of people/woman are afraid of Black Powder guns for some reason , very unjustifiably , but true nonetheless:confused: My EX-Girlfreind was this way too , she would shoot the 1911's all day long but would refuse to shoot any of my revolvers and especially revolvers shooting BP out of them :confused: This is why she is an EX-girlfriend among many other reasons , but , don't knock something prior to investigating it is what I always live by .
    I think its very important to start your wife or girlfriend out with the History of the guns , how they work as apposed to modern cartridge guns , explain to them they are safe is safe hands , and then try to drag them to the range to watch you . If you happen to spark a desire in them to shoot one , make sure your patient , NO YELLING , and get them one that aint a Walker Colt so it wont scare them away first shot . A Colt Pocket is ideal or the Pocket Remington would be good too .
    I was fortunate in that my wife has Warthog tendencies and wants more POWER :D Some girls are like that , some are not ;)
    But, there is a flip side to sharing your sport with the wife . And that is do you really want to share your sport with your wife ? You have to answer that for yourself . If your relationship is good to great to start with then its a fun thing to do with them , but on the other hand you may give up your only escape from your wife if she wants to go to the range with you :eek:
    Weigh this aspect very carefully prior to deciding to getting them into the sport . Be careful what you ask for you just might get it !
    To me its been BLISS though and has brought us closer together :)
    If you've ever kissed a girl that smells like BP soot and grease and Channel #5 then you'll know what I mean :p

14. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

KAB;
    This is obviously the trophy wife. I'm gonna take mine out to shoot one day -- and I remind her of this whenever she gets out of hand.

;)

So, what is that flamethrower thing going on in one of those pics?

15. KAB

KAB New Member

Hee hee hee

Hee hee hee , ohhhh thats funny :D

Umm , no flame thrower , its what your naked eye can't generally see unless its at night , and it happens in a millisecond , so catching it on camera is a feat in itself trust me . Every shot out of a Black Powder Revolver loaded with real BP does this every single time . You just don't notice it its so fast igniting . It is very impressive at night , trust me , especially 50 to 60 gr. out of a Walker Colt:eek: It lights the night right on up . :D