Firearms Talk banner

Roll call New Yorkers, check in, its time we unite

9K views 46 replies 15 participants last post by  kfox75 
#1 ·
OK, for a state that has been under constant siege by our very own State Government, it doesnt seem like there are many of us here, Why? I know a few NY'ers but I have to guess there are allot more. Maybe your hiding, sick of hearing "Just leave and come to a friendly state", I get that. Were still here because its our home but we need to start talking and do a bit of organizing.

Lets get the NY forum talking and show the other 49 were not just burying our heads in the mud. Chime in, tell us where bouts your from and how your fairing in this anti rights climate Albanizer Andy has shoved up our fourth point of contact!
I will start-

Im Lifelong Resident Deep Rural Rat in the hills of gun friendly Madison County, my friends call me JR. Our largest city being Oneida, we have only a couple bastions of Liberalism to be found in our vast region. The few that exist are due to Colleges and Universities that import Liberals FOOG. Im a retired Anti Armor NCO/ Vet of 21 years in the US Army/ NYARNG, an Electronics Tradesman/ Eng 30+ years, a proud Husband, Father and Grandfather. I spend my free time rebuilding our 190 year old 4500sq ft colonial home, luckily I love carpentry!

I dont hunt anymore and shoot rarely; the youngest firearm I own is 40 years old, the oldest is over 100. I come to FTF to connect with Constitutional supporters that like firearms and to change the minds of the few here that Fetter a bit tooo much!

I know were all woried about our privacy so only tell what your confortable saying but for gods sake say something! lets make some noise kids, our Real state of NY is in trouble and we need to save it for our kids!

JR

See less See more
#2 ·
it's a trap! < places tin foil hat on> ....

#3 ·
JJ, it's a trap! < places tin foil hat on> ....
Thanks for chiming in JJ, hope your doing OK in the lake effect zone! Been chillier than its been for years here dead center in the state, Im counting the days til Spring! (And my bags of pellets that have been burning much faster than usual trying to keep up with it)!

I didnt expect a rush to this thread but only one response is kinda sad? I wasnt looking to pry, just hoping we could start a little cross state conversation about the state of the state. Im sure all the good NYers watched Andy tell us all he's done real good for us this year in his state of the State Address last week (didnt watch it myself just read and watched the instant replays of his squawking points. Anyone have any sense of exactly where that good he done did good for any of us? Maybe its a NYC/ Albany recovery he's talking about but Ive seen no recovery upstate worth talking about.

Anyone else here pissed off about Andy's tricks and treats or am I just not thinking straight?

#5 ·
Webley, I got a driveway filled with a foot plus.... Dang plow on the atv was froze!!!! Grrrrrrrrr.. Shoveled 2 driveways.. Few days later found my connections all loose... Clamped down n all is good... Anyway

I wanted to move to PA but funds are tight... So I shall stand and fight until money arrives... :)

Sent from my M470BSA using Firearms Talk mobile app

#6 ·
#8 ·
Been here for a few years now. From Niagara County
Thanks for checking in Tim, Niagara is snowsville this time of year, how you faring?

Stoneam, I agree, the better word in my mind actually start with F and it isnt Flogger

JJ, I think Nullification is the best defense against Andy Of Albany and Libturds like him. County Execs, LEO's and Prosecutors are our only defense between elections against Phucks like him enemizing us FOOG. He's now saying Conservatives arent welcome in his state.

http://nypost.com/2014/01/18/gov-cuomo-to-conservatives-leave-ny/

Andy said-----“Who are they? Right to life, pro-assault weapons, anti-gay — if that’s who they are, they have no place in the state of New York because that’s not who New Yorkers are.”
He's literally now trying to chase the Republicans out of the state like a deranged Pied Piper of Albany! I guess if he doesnt want Conservatives like Limbaugh and Golisano to leave millions in taxes in the states coffers every year, he wont miss all of ours either!

Sorry Andy, Ive served my Country and State a bit longer than you carrying an m16, paid my dues and your not chasing me out of my own home. I suggest he move somewhere that more suits his way of thinking like China or north Korea!

#9 ·
It looks like he's scared about us not voting for him. ;)

#10 ·
It looks like he's scared about us not voting for him. ;)

Exactly, he would rather us be on another states voter rolls than New York. Conservatives and Republicans upstate sat on their butts for the last couple erections and it showed. I think every Toom, Dick and Martha that can get to the polls will come out next time and I think he knows and is very afraid of that! Afterall, He's given the Libs everything they asked for and more, they are sitting fat and pretty, I doubt most of the hoards of Dependent Libsuckers will bother to vote next time cause life is good!

#12 ·
Thanks for checking in Tim, Niagara is snowsville this time of year, how you faring?

Stoneam, I agree, the better word in my mind actually start with F and it isnt Flogger

JJ, I think Nullification is the best defense against Andy Of Albany and Libturds like him. County Execs, LEO's and Prosecutors are our only defense between elections against Phucks like him enemizing us FOOG. He's now saying Conservatives arent welcome in his state.

http://nypost.com/2014/01/18/gov-cuomo-to-conservatives-leave-ny/

He's literally now trying to chase the Republicans out of the state like a deranged Pied Piper of Albany! I guess if he doesnt want Conservatives like Limbaugh and Golisano to leave millions in taxes in the states coffers every year, he wont miss all of ours either!

Sorry Andy, Ive served my Country and State a bit longer than you carrying an m16, paid my dues and your not chasing me out of my own home. I suggest he move somewhere that more suits his way of thinking like China or north Korea!
Still here in Chautauqua county (tri-county area). that will change very soon if all goes well.

While I applaud those who wish to stay and fight, I will not be among those who do. I moved here in the early 90s, and have watched it sink lower and lower into the ditch during the time I have lived here. There is no economy to speak of, the good jobs that were out there when I left high school are all gone, and there is not a decent school here in NY where my daughter can get the training for the career she wants. (She is on the same career path as Cinderocka89). Not saying all is lost, but having lived elsewhere, I know the grass is greener in other states. I do know one thing I will do once my family and I have left.

I will send a letter to the Governor telling him that my Conservative, tax paying, gun owning, freedom loving, and right supporting azz has moved to another state, and that I wish him a short and unsuccessful run for reelection.

I may be leaving NY, but I will always support those who can not or will not leave. We all have a choice to make, and for better or worse, my future, and that of my daughter lies elsewhere. No matter where I go, I am still in your corner.

#13 ·
Still here in Chautauqua county (tri-county area). that will change very soon if all goes well.

While I applaud those who wish to stay and fight, I will not be among those who do. I moved here in the early 90s, and have watched it sink lower and lower into the ditch during the time I have lived here. There is no economy to speak of, the good jobs that were out there when I left high school are all gone, and there is not a decent school here in NY where my daughter can get the training for the career she wants. (She is on the same career path as Cinderocka89). Not saying all is lost, but having lived elsewhere, I know the grass is greener in other states. I do know one thing I will do once my family and I have left.

I will send a letter to the Governor telling him that my Conservative, tax paying, gun owning, freedom loving, and right supporting azz has moved to another state, and that I wish him a short and unsuccessful run for reelection.

I may be leaving NY, but I will always support those who can not or will not leave. We all have a choice to make, and for better or worse, my future, and that of my daughter lies elsewhere. No matter where I go, I am still in your corner.
I certainly support your decision K, you gots to do what you gots to do, especially when it comes to your kids. I vow to make it a place you will want to return to someday again and call home!

#14 ·
I certainly support your decision K, you gots to do what you gots to do, especially when it comes to your kids. I vow to make it a place you will want to return to someday again and call home!
I still have family here, and I will at least drop in from time to time. That's why the wife and I have ben looking in PA and OH. We want to stay close enough to help out those we care about if needed, while still being free from the BS that has ruined it for most of us living here.

There will always be a part of me that still thinks of NY as home. Can't spend two decades in an area, and not think of it as home. Fight the good fight, and make us proud.

#16 ·
Gentlemen,

There's a rally being planned for April 1 in Albany. There's ample time to make arrangements to be there. Spread the word, bring your friends and family. We need to show Andy it is HE who is not welcome in this state.

See you there.

FUAC!
Are there any more details? I'll still be in Missouri at school, but I know some people back home at my gun club that may want to go.

#19 ·
Instead of Albany you guys need to go cause some havoc in Manhattan. I'm sure there are some fine restaurants down there where Andy is spending his time, raking in donations, and spending his time. Albany is irrelevant. Andy probably just flies up there for symbolic bill signings. Until you make the leftists elite of NY uncomfortable in their lair you'll accomplish nothing. Some good old fashioned civil disobedience would be a good start.

#22 ·
Cuomo attempting to drive conservatives out of the state of NY should disturb every citizen, regardless of political alignment. After all most conservatives are not criminals and they are gainfully employed. Yet, the door is still open to felons, drug addicts and other assorted riff raff. If Andy will drive conservatives out of the state who is next? People who drink sugary drinks? People who are obese? The elderly? The poor?

#23 ·
Last time, coumo got really mad at us cause we left thousands of bootprints in the lawns, bad gunners! Im going to do my best to attend the apr 1 rally. I cant say that Ive been a big marcher in the past but its time to come out of the hills and stand with like minded individuals. I say FUAC!!!!

#25 ·
Cant make the rally but strongly support those who do. I am from Erie Co. outside of Bflo. Never voted for for the ******* Cuomo and since some of the state morons that represent our area voted for the jackass idea that Cuomo fostered I have even torn up my republican registration card and registered as no affiliation. I will be working to support whoever runs against Mark Grisanti (R) and Sean whatshisname from the South Bflo. (D) (how he ever crawled into our district I'll never figure out) assembly district. I heard the repub rep quit right after getting elected... Also supporting Tresmond law firm, one of the firms working through the freaking biased courts to overturn comrade Cuomos legacy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.