Roe Deer (Rehwild) trophy

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Jagermeister, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Here is a Roe Deer (Rehwild) that was four years old.

Attached Files:

2. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

This is a bit of how they look around here :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

So you guys get bigger deer over there?

4. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Yes, we have the large red deer with very wide antlers. They are in .bavaria. That is the one on the jagermeister bottle. We have fallow deer with elk like antlers. We also have Sika deer. The fallow deer are in my area. I have picks of fallow doe on my computer. Never hunted the Sika deer, but there are some in the area. I also hunt mouflon, which is mountain sheep. I do not have any picks of Sheep harvest though. I lost the disks with the pics. I have pics of sheep trophies though, but I have shut down computer for night. Will post pics tomorrow.

5. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Nice Jag. Love the "European" style mount done with that. Here they cost about $150 for one. The size of the horns doesn't matter as the age of a critter is the trophy. The older they are the harder they are to kill. You are really into hunting and that is great. My hat's off to you. Keep up the good work and enjoy the harvest.

6. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Nice Roe Buck, I seen a 6 point over there in 1981 !.................

7. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Jagermeister, how did you bleach the skull so nice? I have put skulls in ant beds to bleach them. They come out nice but they are not as bright as yours.

8. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

1. Boil the head in the water.
    2. Remove as much meat as possible.
    3. Put skull back in water and leave the lid partly open.
    4. Give a week + for maggots (flies will go in the pot) to eat brain and rest of meat.
    5. Rinse skull off and make sure no meat left. (We check nasal cavity for botfly eggs too.)
    6. Place skull pieces in hydrogen peroxide solution. This stuff will whiten the skull.
    6. Glue together the skull pieces.

9. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Ok, the first pick is a mouflon (mountain sheep) trophy. The next picks show red deer (rotwild) trophies and a fallow deer trophy with the elk like horns. The two doe picks are fallow deer (damswild). Then there are also picks of a wild pig (wildschwein), fox (fuchs) and more Roe.

Attached Files:

• 028.jpg
      028.jpg
      File size:
      29.7 KB
      Views:
    • 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      31.5 KB
      Views:
    • 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      29.6 KB
      Views:
    • 041.jpg
      041.jpg
      File size:
      25.6 KB
      Views:
    • 042.jpg
      042.jpg
      File size:
      25.9 KB
      Views:
    • 035.jpg
      035.jpg
      File size:
      28.5 KB
      Views:
    • 037.jpg
      037.jpg
      File size:
      27.2 KB
      Views:
  10. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

I just love your hunting pics Jag. Are those your trophies in your your house? Here are some of mine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  11. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Nice man cave! :eek: Nice size bucks on the wall. Looks like you do not have to starve with your harvests.:D what other game do you harvest? I have a fair do share of trophies. My friends have more trophies then I do. My wife tells me not to over exaggerate.:( I will post some pics of my boar trophies tomorrow. I just did the deer and mouflon...sorry.

12. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I see what you did differently. I used a Clorox solution to rinse the dirt off when I pulled my skull out of the ant bed. I soaked the skull in the Clorox solution but it made little difference after the initial rinse. (alligator skull)

13. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Mostly deer and squirrels the last couple of years. I kill about 6-8 deer a year as I live deer hunting better than ANYTHING. Been hunting squirrels with my oldest grandson because season opens in August and runs through Feb. I like rabbit, dove and varmint hunting also. But spend more time hiking and shooting with the little guy than anything but rifle hunt for deer. Gave up bow season to hunt every weekend with him. Usually deer hunt 50-60 days a year. This year 16 days was all. Killed 6 though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]