Rock River or Stag Arms?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by nimzox, Feb 27, 2012.

1. nimzox

nimzox New Member

I'm thinking about purchasing one of these two rifles. I had a bushmaster several years ago and I want to get another ar15. Can you people give me your thoughts, preferences, and pros & cons on Stag Arm and Rock River rifles. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

posted in wrong section. but as far as brands those are what i consider top dogs. you will be happy with either

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I don't think you could go wrong with either one

4. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Ive had both brands, my first AR was an RRA and i now have a Stag model 2. The RRA was a good rifle and i dont remember ever having a malfunction. I love my Stag, its also been a 100% shooter

5. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

When I was researching which AR to get, both Stag and Rock River were on my list. I ultimately decided to go with Rock River because of their reputation for accuracy. I have not been disappointed, the quality of the RRA stuff has been first notch and the performance of the gun has been excellent. In either case, you will be happy with your choice as they both build great AR's. :cool:

6. brady

brady New Member

I think you should get the stag but I think you might like the DPMS model.

7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Intended use?

Expected ranges?

With what ammo?

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I'm happy with my RRA.

9. nimzox

nimzox New Member

Thanks for your response AgentTiki. To answer your question, I would basically have it for casual use (although when I did fire it, I would definitely go through several hundred rounds) I would use it mostly when I go up into northern Michigan. I just plink and target shoot up to no more than 100 yards. As far as the ammo, I would probably just use 55 grain. I really don't like using steel case ammo either.

10. nimzox

nimzox New Member

By the way, Thanks to all of you who responded to my question!:) I really appreciate your input.

11. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Neither would be my first choice but of your two, Stag.

12. drewe

drewe New Member

Any one have an AR 15 for sale??

13. nimzox

nimzox New Member

Thanks for your input Quentin. Why do you like Stag over RR, and just out of curiosity, which would be your first choice? (if it's a really high end ar, I'm not sure that I can afford it lol!)

14. Flat4sti

Flat4sti New Member

let me answer that for him...BCM

I went with a BCM complete upper and put together a Spikes Lower...the cost, well depending on what model RRA or Stag you are looking for it came out to about the same price. when what you are already buying is close to a grand already whats another couple hundred bucks?

AR Finished.jpg

15. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

For the money you're going to spend on those two you can get a higher quality AR like a BCM. Nothing horribly wrong with the two you mentioned but the BCM is in another class.

16. rifleshooter474

rifleshooter474 New Member

You working for the Bravo Company now?:eek:

17. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I dont see how you could ever go wrong with a Stag, mine has been great. It all boils down to personal preference. Ive heard from alot of happy Stag owners and happy BCM, DD, PSA and Spikes owners too. If a Stag is what you want then you will be happy with it

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  18. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Couldn't say it any better than Flat. I went with a Daniel Defense upper on a S&W lower but only because I hit a great sale on DD. Normally BCM is in the price range of RRA and Stag and worth adding to your short list. You might look at S&W and PSA if you want to hold the price down. No reason not to include more brands than just your original two.

19. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Nope, although it would be nice to work with a company that has such a stellar reputation from the bottom to the top with everyone from the hobby shooter to the professional and even amongst industry types. The same foes for Magpul Ind.

Are you working for UTG?

20. Quentin

Quentin New Member

By the way, the Colt 6920 would be among my first choices:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBj0tesg3SY[/ame]