Firearms Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I can only say that the RR I have is a great rifle, but as JD said, they are becoming, or have become, "the" black rifle to have. I bought mine well before the government contracts and fan fare started so I didn't pay nearly what they are asking now. The quality is definitely there but others are out there that are as good without the somewhat inflated price tag.
As for the folding front sight, I suppose it depends what you are going to do with the rifle. I have a Yankee Hill folding front sight on a 10.25" SBR with a Trijicon Reflex behind it. I chose the front folding sight because this is the gun that ends up going on entries and "any" shots would be at across the room distance. Having the fold down front sight keeps the overall package less cluttered, that's the advantage I was looking for in confined areas like buildings and with the short barrel. My 16" carbine has a standard A2 front sight tower and an Yankee Hill folding rear sight. I normally use open sights on this as my standard patrol carbine but sometimes put the Reflex on it and have shot it with an EoTech mounted. The front sight tower does not interfere with the sight picture with either dot sight as RL357 mentioned. I like having one less thing to flip up or down if need be.
I would mention that if you add the flip up front sight, loc tite the screws (as well as any others on the gun). I have been told by "gunsmiths" that this is kinda ghetto and if the screws were properly tightened they would stay tight. Not true not true not true. The screws will come loose eventually, bottom line, and usually when you don't want them to. I had my light come loose in training. Luckily the only casualty was my ego when the instructor had to stop the drill and I had to leave the range to fix it. All screws for back up iron sights, Reflex mount and light mount now get lock tite. Good luck.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.