Rock River AR-15 A4 Price

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by partdeux, Nov 27, 2011.

1. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

A local shop has what I think is a good deal. They called it smoking hot deal, but that was the salesman talking, LOL

Here's the link

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

Thats just the manufacturer website. Msrp costs. You can sometimes do better going through a (here is the key) reputable dealer.

You can also order the parts unassembled from rra and save 100-200 by assembling yourself.

3. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

I like RRA's, I just finished putting a RRA together from parts and have been impressed with what I got. The prices based on the quality, RRA's reputation and warranty were very good in my opinion.

I bought my RRA 16" mid-length A4 complete upper from the factory and put the lower together myself starting with a Armalite stripped lower that I bought at the local gun store and then installed a RRA LPK in it. Added a 6-position stock to the lower and I was gtg.

Mating the two AR halfs together takes maybe 15 seconds to get a complete functional AR, so like Jon M says, don't be afraid to go that route. You'll save a 11% fed. excise tax by getting the two halfs separately too. :cool:

4. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

BTW, you didn't say what the "smokin' hot deal" was? How much did he want for it?

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Snake has a good point about cutting down on the FET is applied to. Why not pay the 11% on $100 (a stripped lower), not a $1000 complete rifle.

On the smokin' deal I wonder who's getting burned! :D

6. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I'm curious as well.

7. partdeux

DOH, smoking hot deal was $700 :)

It's a reputable dealer that set up a new store front near my house. Not my usual go to dealer tho.

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

if that's for a NIB gun, then that is a pretty good deal IMO. used, still not a bad price.

9. partdeux

yes, NIB. He implied, but I did not ask, they did a bulk buy.

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

if you are looking to add one to your collection, i say jump on it, sounds like a pretty good deal to me for a NIB rifle. i would buy it for that price.

11. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

$700 for a complete RRA A4 mid-length IS a damn good deal. I say jump on it! :cool: