Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about rock island armory 1911's? Their prices are great but idk if they're any good. Help and some info would be great!!!

·
Supporting Member
2,138 Posts
I love my Rock Island 1911, Mine is the matched version. I shoot it a lot more than my Colt Gold Cup. No FTF. I have put about 700 rds through it. Very accurate gun.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Gun accessory

Attachments

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Parts to modify? It's a 1911, there are literally thousands of parts you can use. I changed the grips on mine, then went with stainless grip screws. Then put a Kimber beveled mag well and checkered mainspring housing on it.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

Attachments

·
Banned
0 Posts
Anyone know anything about rock island armory 1911's? Their prices are great but idk if they're any good. Help and some info would be great!!!
i have handled them, and honestly i would not hesitate for a second in buying one or recommending one. go ahead and get one!

Does anyone know of any sites here they have parts to modify it with?
Brownell's and MidwayUSA would be my go to sources for 1911 parts and accessories. most any of the Mil-Spect 1911 parts should work, but like any 1911, may need some fitting or tuning to make them work.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
They are not a high end 1911...But you are not paying for one. I'd hasve no problem buying one at what they bring these days.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Dont hesitate bro, they are great guns for the price. Ive had mine since about 06, it was a year old when i got it at my lgs for 300 bucks. Its got a little holster wear on both sides of the slide but its never failed me. I love it, was once offered 350 bucks for it by a local leo but i love it too much to sell it.

Wood Trigger Gun barrel Air gun Revolver

Btw, nice piece hoss, i love those grips.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does anyone know about compressors for 1911's? Are they worth a ****? Work? Look cool? Any pics?

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
kjbcruz12 said:
Does anyone know about compressors for 1911's? Are they worth a ****? Work? Look cool? Any pics?
How much psi ya wanna run?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Rock Islands have gotten good reviews and good reliability reports. I don't own one - but tried one at a gun show - in 9mm. Smooth action! The 45 version was stiffer - but it has to be - because of the increased energy of the 45 round - over the 9mm. Seems like a nice gun.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts