Rock Island Armory Tactical II 10mm

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by ICleanBrassWithJager, Jun 21, 2014.

1. ICleanBrassWithJager

ICleanBrassWithJager New Member

Anyone here have one? Is it reliable? Did you need to make modifications to be happy with it? I'd be willing to pay $630 for one, maximum. Is it worth that, or do you think it'd be a better choice to save a few hundred dollars more and buy a better name?
    Input from owners of this gun is appreciated, please no telling me about RIA in general, thank you.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

There is one person I can think of who can help you with your decisions.

You.

The price of $630 is okay. Before making any modifications, I recommend a good work out for the gun. Find out what you don't like and see if changes can be made. Should you like it and decide to keep it, consider getting a .40S&W barrel and magazines to increase ammo selection.

3. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

For that kind of money you can get a Glock that will shoot good. Not to mention the resale value of a Glock. I have always got close to what I paid for Glock nib used or I traded it for a gun of equal value or more valuable than a Glock. I am not so sure you will be so lucky with an Armscor product.

I just spotted a G20 for $548 and the site has a fourth of july coupon. Check http://www.gunwatcher.com/gun/76A960698DF81A/Glock-20-Gen-4-for-sale

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  4. ICleanBrassWithJager

Let's compare it to something more like a Dan Wesson 10mm, in terms of practicality with it's usage. I'm not really on Glock planet

5. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

www.gunwatcher.com will find any kind of gun you want. I am not your secretary.

6. ICleanBrassWithJager

I'm not asking for a secretary, just someone else's personal experiences with the pistol. No need to be offended

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

The quality of a RIA is not the same as the DW.

RIA has come a long way in the last few years with their quality.
    DW uses a lot of Ed Brown parts and upgrades needed are fewer than the RIA.

I like the 10mm in the 1911. The feeding of ammo (IMO) is smoother than the .45ACP. If you want a 10mm on the 1911 platform, you could do worse than RIA.

DW has more experience than RIA with the 10mm, and if I had the money, I would opt for the DW over the RIA.

Look at warranties and CS. Sometimes the costs of upgrades will bring the overall price up to the area of purchasing a semi-custom.

8. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

9. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Price is high. I sell them cheaper locally. The guns are pretty decent for the price considering the next cheapest 10mm 1911 is going to be around $1000.

FYI, they also just started producing 10mm in a commander size and a full rail commander as well. I've been selling them like crazy.

10. Hookeye

Hookeye Active Member

I want a long slide 10mm....................maybe one day.