rock island armory 1911 9mm

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by sbitter, Jun 10, 2012.

1. sbitter

sbitter New Member

So I sold my first and only pistol today and I'm thinking of moving to a 1911 but I am still young so the gun fund is very limited so is the RIA 1911 9MM a good buy? Any feed back is good feed back. And I am only shopping for a 9mm

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  2. towboater

towboater Active Member

I know the 45's have a good reputation. Not sure about the 9mm.

3. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

They have a good rep from what I've heard but can't you get the Ruger 1911 for about the same price? The Ruger is a very nice gun.

4. sbitter

sbitter New Member

I'm not sure actually I would love a ruger because I trust ruger already ill have to check into those and I bet there a little better looking too haha

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

as good as the reviews are on the Ruger SR1911, and what i have seen of them so far, they do have one very big problem. hard to find because of availability. right now it is one that is on my list to find when they become more readily available. but right now, with them being in short supply, i expect prices might be somewhat higher as demand for them seems to high.

the RIA in 9mm from what i have seen seems to be a nice pistol. i have handled the 45 acp version and have one ordered right now, in the Commander size. i expect the 9mm version is just as good of quality and i would recommend it to try out.

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Now is the time to save a little and look around to get the best bang for your buck.
    Hang on to your money a little bit, and look at purchasing a "package" (holster, extra mags, etc...)

When I have a $5 bill, I put it in my gun money pot. It builds fairly quick.

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I've had my RIA Tactical 9mm for about a year now with a bunch (don't keep count) of rds thru it with zero hiccups :cool:
    Love it--Trust it---

[​IMG]

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

This is not a knock on the 1911 but have you thought of a double stack 9mm like the Hi Power and others? Nice to have the extra capacity.

9. dsheppard

dsheppard New Member

.9mm is an inexpensive round that u can carry Alot of. I know a couple of years ago .9mm wasn't anything to.shake a stick at let alone something you would feel comfortable putting you're life in the hands of. But like anything in the firearms industry it gets better. You have the option now to get some very good ammo such as guard dogs etc.

10. sbitter

sbitter New Member

Yea I have been looking at all the priceses and the RIA and Taurus are kind of the same price so I have been looking at those two so Idk between the two

11. Quentin

Quentin New Member

.9 cm ? :D

12. mt232

mt232 New Member

I bought a RIA after a few guys on here recommended getting one, and it is a great pistol. Not a lot of rounds through it yet but so far no problems.

13. dsheppard

dsheppard New Member

And a good gun for the money if you're looking for something that is decently priced and will still shoot all day the m&p models are some very good guns i love the feel to them. And the fact that they carry 20+1 doesn't hurt either

14. dsheppard

dsheppard New Member

Small things come in big packages

15. sbitter

sbitter New Member

Hmmm I must be shopping at an expensive shop because the M&Ps there are pretty high priced I thought

16. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I've seen 2mm guns before but never .9mm

17. sbitter

sbitter New Member

Hahaha ignore the dot :)

18. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lol.
    In my area the m&p runs in the $500 area.

19. sbitter

sbitter New Member

There about a little more than that here if I do recall correctly

20. dsheppard

dsheppard New Member

Try gunbroker.com there is Alot of good deals on there pistols that i have seen in shops i have found online for between 100 and 200 dollars the only down fall is you have to have it shipped to a licensed FFL holder