Robbery Victims Shooting Attackers Called ‘Alarming Trend’

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by Overkill0084, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

http://godfatherpolitics.com/9423/robbery-victims-shooting-attackers-called-alarming-trend/

Alarming:rolleyes:
    Good lord, they're shooting their attackers! Next thing you know, guns may be seen in a positive light. We can't have that.

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

More people need to wake up to reality.

3. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

Now why would you need a gun to protect yourself when you have two screaming teenage girls that would scare the attackers running. We should be armed with sticks and stones. I just dont get it.... lol

4. Vincine

Vincine New Member

". . . Some people in Detroit, including the one news person, are referring to the two incidences of self-defense as an alarming trend. . . .etc."

Who's "Some people" ? It doesn't say. And do they really mean 'alarming' or do they mean 'noticed'.

5. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

Q: What would you feel if you shot a burglar in your home?
    A: A little recoil.

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

7. Overkill0084

Watch the embedded news video. They use the term "alarming trend," along with the caption "Street Justice."

8. Overkill0084

B: Anger. (New Carpet)

9. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Glad to see Detroit waking up!

Perhaps the notion of being able to leave ones home without fear of attack is "what's" alarming?

I hear that long term inmates become "institutionalized".

Perhaps the folks alarmed by this trend are so "liberalized" that the notion of self defense itself is frightening.

Tack

10. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I missed the second video. "Street Justice" sounds about right.

11. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

The straight faced argument I've been hearing since the 90's is that it is not right to take a person's life over some possessions.

You know, I would never shoot someone for taking my stapler at work. I think people miss the point.

My home is sacrosanct. I deserve to feel secure there and I have a right to defend it. Thank God for Texas Castle laws. It's not about stopping someone from stealing my TV, it's about making a point that invading my domain could be your costliest mistake.

"Street Justice" my ass. These people don't get it.

These are the people who are alarmed. They don't respect your property rights, your home is not important to them, and they feel perfectly fine about making that decision for you. As a former Liberal Democrat I'm glad I left the party before it became such a group of nosy busybodies. I miss the days when it truly was the party of the little guy, but I haven't seen any evidence of that platform since the 80's.

12. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Yep... Libs love to argue that no possession is worth killing for and it resulted in decades of corporate policies that fired employees for defending themselves instead of giving in to criminal demands.

We had a coffee stand employee take down and armed robber last summer in Southern Oregon and the Media's first question was if he violated company policy by being armed. :rolleyes:

The answer was heck NO!

Anyone rolling past a Dutch Brothers Coffee should remember this and buy one. ;)

Tack

13. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

In Grants Pass, the Dutch Bros. coffee shop downtown has a "No Weapons" sign in the window. :confused:

14. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Hmm... :confused:

Thought is was Dutch Brothers??? I'll have to look it up and confirm.

Tack

15. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Why do they always refer to these felons as Teenagers? The press makes it sound like they are only armed pranksters. Anyone who would shoot a Teenager would go to the garden and pull up baby corn.:eek:

16. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

That's called 'thinning the stand'. Makes the survivors stronger.:cool:

17. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

My guess is that the "some people" are the thugs, perverts, career crimainals that walk the streets of Detroit. :)

18. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Pulling up baby corn makes the stand stronger?:p You should get a job in Iowa. How long would it take you to make a 1,000 acres stronger.:D;)

19. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

From a gardener's perspective. Thin each "hill" to the strongest 2 or 3 individual plants so there's less competition for the available nutrients, and the remaining plants grow bigger and stronger. Iowa corn farmers are on their own.

20. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Yea this is a gun forum "Green Thumb" is 20 forums over. I am glad I didn't mention shoot the Moon. Then all the PC Astronomers we be bent out of shape.:eek: