Robbery suspects shot dead by east Charlotte Pizza Hut employee

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by ARnoob, Sep 28, 2010.

1. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

Robbery suspects shot dead by east Charlotte Pizza Hut employee - CharlotteObserver.com

By Steve Lyttle
    slyttle@charlotteobserver.com
    Posted: Tuesday, Sep. 28, 2010

Two suspects were shot to death late Monday night by an employee during an attempted robbery at an east Charlotte pizza restaurant, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say.

Another suspect got away and was the subject of an overnight manhunt.

One employee was injured during the altercation when he was beaten by the suspects, according to authorities.

The robbery was reported about 11:15 p.m. at the Pizza Hut in the 5400 block of East Independence Boulevard, near Idlewild Road. Police say two employees were in the rear of the restaurant, cleaning up for the night, when three men walked in the front door. The employees told police at least two of the suspects were carrying handguns.

The suspects ordered the two men back into the cooler, and that’s when the violence escalated, according to investigators.

When the suspects began beating one of the employees, the other Pizza Hut worker pulled a handgun and started shooting. Two suspects were killed, and the third ran off. One investigator said early Monday morning that it is possible the third suspect was wounded by the employee.

Police say they found two handguns near the dead suspects. The names of those killed have not been released, while police work to contact their relatives.

The injured employee suffered significant injuries, paramedics said, and was taken to Carolinas Medical Center. That person is expected to survive.

Police called in their K-9 dog search unit and canvassed the Independence Boulevard-Idlewild Road-Monroe Road area for much of the night, but without success.

Investigators are questioning the employee who fired the shots but would not say if any charges will be filed. WBT-Radio is reporting that the Pizza Hut worker who shot the suspects had a law enforcement background.

No customers were in the restaurant at the time.

Anyone with information in the case is asked to call detectives at 704-432-TIPS, or they can leave information anonymously with Crime Stoppers, at 704-334-1600.

2. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Downside is that now he's unemployed. Pizza Hut has a strict no weapons policy for employees.

3. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

That's a bummer.
    It's still a happy ending. 2 dirtbags who will not repeat offend, and the victims are alive.

4. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Save the day and lose your job. Aint that a bit@h.

No choice though... can't stand by and watch them beat a coworker. I hope that third guy is slowly bleeding out in a gutter some where.

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I'm with you on this Jo...

6. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

If it weren't for this crappy econeomy, not much of a job loss IMHO.

7. amoroque

amoroque New Member

That's so true Nitrox.

I hope everything works out well for the hero in this one.

8. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

No problem....It will be a great addition to add to his resume. It represents his obvious excellent work ethics, concern and dedicated actions to protect business assets and personnel, should land him a better job. I would hire him on the spot. :cool:

9. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I suspect you'd be a gun-friendly employer...

10. opaww

opaww New Member

Flood Pizza Hut with letters of protest if he gets fired, which he will because of their policy

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Do you think there is a possibility of that employee having charges filed against him? I certainly hope not. I do believe he saved some innocent lives.

12. ajbeau

ajbeau New Member

I just looked up Pizza hut's website and sent a letter to THAT location specifically! Told them that I would NEVER buy another pizza from any Pizza Hut if this hero lose his job.:mad:

If he is charged with anything, i'd be glad to hold a fund raiser to help him.
    We won't be serving PIZZA HUT Pizza!!

13. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Add a link. I'll send a letter to them.

14. ajbeau

ajbeau New Member

15. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

There's been a bunch of Pizza drivrs getting murdered and Pizza Hut is going to fire this guy? The world ain't right.

16. BunnyWabbit

BunnyWabbit New Member

Click on the article link and see all the comments that have been made about this.

17. Swampbilly

Swampbilly New Member

It could have been worse than that...he likely saved BOTH of their lives. How often are these restaurants robbed and the scenario of marching the employees to the cooler results in them being discovered dead there later.

Bravo to this self reliant Pizza Hut employee exercising his God-given rights to self defense. A side benefit is there are now two 100% rehabilitated criminals off the streets of Charlotte...guaranteed to commit no more crimes.
    This strikes a personal note, as I live not too far from Charlotte and visit there on occasion.

Shame on Pizza Hut if they fire this employee. I will keep up with this and if they indeed fire him, the letters to Pizza Hut corporate should flow from teh gun owning community. That will be the last Pizzu Hut pizza I order.

Regards,

Swampbilly

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  18. RairWeatherSmok

RairWeatherSmok New Member