Robbery at the gas station

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by clip11, Jul 17, 2010.

1. clip11

clip11 New Member

My friends two nephews were robbed last night at the gas station. One of them had a cpl and was carrying at the time. The guy pulled his weapon first and had it on him (my friends nephew). He patted my friends nephew down and took his weapon from him and his cash. No one was hurt.

Now i know the purpose of having a cpl is to prevent yourself from being a victim. But what can you honestly do when someone already has a gun on you? Should you walk around with a chambered bullet? What can be done/

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I am constantly aware of my surroundings and those encroaching upon my area. I also carry one in the chamber, to me its no use to carry a gun without a chambered round. Its like having a rubber in your wallet but not using it. I always sit so I can see the door in any place im in, always look for the best way out and always watch the faces and body language of anyone in my view, oh and always check your six.

3. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

These seem like 2 questions. What can I do if the BG has a gun on me? AND Should I carry hot?

Are you suggesting that if your nephew had been carrying with one in the pipe, then this would have been different?

I don't get it.

First answer not so easy...second answer is a resounding YES!

4. jca1

jca1 New Member

an unloaded firearm is a hammer.

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

The only time you are a victim is when you let yourself be a victim!

Not only chambered but locked and cocked! Otherwise it's just jewelry!

Condition one and only!

...the way John Browning meant it to be carried ...

[​IMG]

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

+1, just an expensive hammer!

7. clip11

clip11 New Member

He carried in his waistband as far as i know. So is it safe to carry with one in the chamber if you carry like that, afterall, you wouldnt want to accidently shoot yourself.

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

If you are afraid of your gun do one of two things:

1. GET ANOTHER GUN or,
    2. DON"T CARRY ON THE SAME STREET THAT I WALK ON!

The fear of a gun is a personal issue of self confidence. Stop carrying the gun until you're comfortable with it. If not, you are a threat to me and my love ones.

Please print this out and ask the victim to read it, twice!

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/read-before-you-decide-carry-11962/#post316195

9. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I recommend a holster as well. Safety first you dont want to hook the trigger and blow off thine tallywhacker. They make and sell holsters for a reason, so you can carry hot, or in canes expression condition 1, and so you avoid killing yourself by discharging your weapon inadvertently by being a gangter wannabee, waist band carrying, given gun owners and carriers a bad name, douche'. Thats just my professional opinion.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Carry with out a round chambered is like buying a hammer to screw in screws. Or driving your car while it is out of gas. Do you buy a bottle of water that is empty?

Carry ready to go or don't carry at all.

11. clip11

clip11 New Member

I was tripped out at the part that they took his gun from him. And he just got his cpl like a little over a month ago! I was telling him when he first got it that in certain situations he may not be able or have time to pull his weapon, cock it, then use it.

12. doctherock

doctherock New Member

If I have to pull it, God forbid that day comes, I am ready to defend my life and the life of the innocent people around me. Therefore I am always ready to rock and roll if necessary.

13. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Preparedness and awareness, two of the best words in concealed carry.

14. nhsuper44

nhsuper44 New Member

Doc and Cane have it right !! Seems like the kid was all wanting to be gangsta, do it right or be a victim !!

15. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Does anyone else find it odd that the BG patted him down? Who robs someone and pats them down in the process?

16. jca1

jca1 New Member

Yes, I find it very odd. I think there is more to this story.

17. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I would suspect he made a motion to start for the gun, then stopped. Big red neon sigh, "I'VE GOT A GUN!"

The BG probably encounters his fellow BG's who have guns all the time. I bet he knows enough to know what to look for.

In such a scenario, I would probably go hands up, back away, appear a non-threat until his attention is back on what he really wants (the money), then pull.

18. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Nobody went to the morgue, and that's significant. Not knowing what went on frame-by-frame, it's hard to say what the best course of action would have been, but sleight of hand and misdirection would have been my choice. Make the bastard look at something other than your gun hand. Once you've holed him 12-16 times, the scumbag won't be able to reveal your secret. Chris Angel can appear to walk through a plate glass window, after all.

19. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like he needs better situational awareness. The BG should not have gotten the drop on him. Out in public = Condition Yellow

One in the chamber? OF COURSE!!!! Condition 3 went out of vogue 40 years or more ago.

20. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Gassed at the Pump!

I think I would of asked the bad guy for his badge #. This goes on all the time with dirty cops. But If you shoot the basterd they say you shot an under cover cop.:eek: