Robbers shot and killed - Family's want crime charges...

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by wittmeba, Nov 8, 2013.

1. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Unfortunately the robbers were killed so the family doesn't have the funds for a lawyer. Lol

3. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

4. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

The families will always yell for what they think is justice. The police have determined the shooting justifiable. Case closed

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I don't understand that thinking.

6. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

What's most funny is they don't know what crime they want to apply. The writer said they would have to contact the ACLU and would get back to us :)

Reminds me of the movie "Liar, Liar" when the secretary was telling Jim Carry about a robber falling thru her friend's ceiling and cutting themselves on a knife on the counter. She said the robber sued for $8000.00 - Jim said "I'd have gotten him $10,000.00".

7. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

But, but; those downtrodden and disadvantaged citizens were simply attempting to equalize the wealth. Both those young men were about to turn their lives around. The older one had been accepted for flight school and the younger wanted to be a pharmacist. :D

Looks like the store owner is an ungrateful snob:

The incident was filmed:

Looks like the getaway care driver will be charged with murder.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/families-w...ading/-/121458/22819374/-/uykwew/-/index.html

One thing for sure: Neither of the scumbags will ever rob another store.

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Well where do I start . They would like to pad their pockets with some cash so they are looking for a law suit against the shooter or what ever else they can come up with to try to produce cash . People amaze me . Once was the perp now he is the victim . WTF people !!!!!!

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

I would have let them go on their way, while getting the best eye full of their clothing and getaway vehicle I could, preferably with a plate number. And pictures if possible.

My house, different story. I wouldn't have even spoken. If they were coming out of my house with ski masks on, I simply would have opened fire, especially if I were between them and their escape.

But a corner gas station? Nope. Not worth risking my life for.

10. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

To quote a famous Simpsons Character: "Haha!"

11. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

This could be another Clevon Martin incident. The police cleared Zimmerman after the shooting. That does not stop the filing of civil damages. Becoming involved in a street shooting is a high risk incident for a privately armed citizen. :(

12. alsaqr

One big problem with letting them walk away: The perps threatened the citizen. Had the citizen not shot them he may have been killed.

Great shooting by the citizen. Two violent predators are now worm food.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  13. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

How was the store owner supposed to call the police with a gun in his face? My mother told me not to play with guns, you can get hurt. Seems like the robbers mom should have done the same.

14. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Money quote:

IMHO, that pretty much nails the current DoJ attitude.

Apparently there is a failure to realize one of life's great truths: "Life isn't fair, get over it."

In this instance one of my great wishes for society at large came to fruition: "Stupid should hurt, sometimes it's even fatal."

15. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter New Member

Maybe THEY should be charged for lets say HARASSMENT,or FILING FALSE CHARGES or something like that,just saying.

16. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

You beat me to it. The Martin-Zimmerman incident is a perfect example of the miscarriage of justice in this country!:( So don't dismiss this yet. If the progressives can 'spin' it like they did the M-Z incident they will! :mad:

17. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

18. alsaqr

Yep, Holder and his prosecutor had to stretch on that one. No way the woman should have been charged with a violation of the chemical weapons treaty. It's at the US Supreme Court now. Methinks this one will get shot down.

BTW: Holder and his incompetent anti-gun prosecutors have recently lost two gun cases. The paid BATFE "witness" in one case had been convicted of murder and other violent crimes.

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

Well according to the police statement in the sarcasm laden article linked in the first post, it was he who confronted them, not the other way around.

20. JWagner

JWagner New Member

Depending on the state law, they may not be allowed to sue the citizen. Here in AZ the criminal and their heirs lose all right to sue if the injury or death is the result of participating in a crime.