RKBA and 2A threat -- gun-grabbers coming, if they can

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by G66enigma, Aug 17, 2020.

1. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

Positions on protection of the Second Amendment and the RKBA, given the election occurring later in the year.

(Warning: Please keep outright political posts out of this discussion. This is about the RKBA and the 2A, and the direct threat to these that such people represent. If you're going to post, post about the RKBA and this threat. Try to keep comments to that, if you want this thread to remain open by the moderators.)

Kamala Harris is a gun-grabber from California, with a long history of siding with forcible, fascist confiscation and criminalizing of the RKBA.

Joe Biden is a gun-grabber of long standing, with a history going back decades with attempts to undercut and hamstring the RKBA, and to water down the 2A's protections through legislation.

To say nothing of Biden's call for creating a "Gun Grabbing Czar" role in government expressly so such schemes could be implemented with the efficiency only outright forcible confiscators would love to have.

A RKBA destroyer's "wet dream" you might say. Having such people in a position to wholly and utterly ignore the 2A's prohibition. If getting into office in January, particularly if Congress "flips" to support such policies, on Day One they'll set fire to it in ways never yet seen in America. Bank on it.

Decide accordingly.

Kamala Harris (D-CA): Position on 'Gun Control' @ OnTheIssues.org.
    Joseph Biden (D-DE): Position on 'Gun Control' @ OnTheIssues.org.

Donald Trump (R-NY): Position on 'Gun Control' @ OnTheIssues.org.
    Mike Pence (R-IN): Position on 'Gun Control' @ OnTheIssues.org.

A long article on the threat, which is worth the read.

Article -- Of Course Kamala Harris Supports Gun Confiscation @ National Review, by David Harsanyi, 8/17/20.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    rn-cindy, MstrMsn, primer1 and 2 others like this.
  2. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

No telling how many John & Jane Q. Publics' mumble

"I don't have a gun so why do I care!"

Caveman Jim, G66enigma and austin92 like this.

3. G66enigma

One gaggle is looking to defile their sworn oath to the Constitution the very first day out.

True believers, all.

That the BOR says "Hands off / these things shall not be touched" means nothing to them. They've made it part of their platform and raft of promises to destroy it.

Integrity ain't what it used to be.

But such patent disregard for the rule of law is what it's always been.

Caveman Jim and ellis36 like this.
  4. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

One plus side of all the rioting etc is the number of people who now own a gun has risen dramatically, even converting a great many anti gun folks to buy a gun.

5. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

So, tell me how the post is not political?
    Can we mention Trump and bump-stocks?

6. G66enigma

Focusing on the RKBA, the 2A, and the threat ... that's allowable in this forum area. The other stuff (the off-the-rails, off-topic, straight politics stuff having nothing to do with RKBA/2A) needs to be in the Politics forum, same as always.

MstrMsn likes this.
  7. Ghost1958

You just did . :p

Personally I dont trust him on the RTKABA issue anymore than anyone else in a 2nd term.

I've kinda stopped thinking much about what politicians do or think about the RTKABA. I won't be disarmed of any weapon in my lifetime.

8. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Ghost
    At least it might be a gamble with Trump which I doubt! When voting for Biden and Harris it is a given! They have made their threats and plans well known in advance. Anyone that values their guns and the Second Amendment best WAKE UP! Or just gift wrap some of their prized possessions and pass them in to a Tyrannical Government. So they think! They may have a big surprise should they start that Crap! Of course they have to win first!;) Every gun owner better take notice!;)

9. Ghost1958

Absolutely true on all counts.

10. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Beto gonna be Biden'z gun czar.

11. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

You done done it!

I don't believe DJT's sons will support an AR ban.

Jared Kushner and Ivanka would sell gun owners down the river in a NY minute.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  12. Ghost1958

This is just my personal opinion, based on watching the effort to disarm Americans all of my life.
    The politicians I've seen hold office that were true constitutional RTKABA advocates not just wind followers I could count without using all my fingers. In my life.

98% of elected officials of both parties would disarm Americans of everything but a single shot shotgun today if they thought it possible.
    One party is smart enough to realize the nation nor they would survive the effort intact.
    The other arrogantly believes because they decree it everyone will obey with no resistance.

But the end game of the fed under any major parties elected officials is the steady slow piece at a time disarmament of the American people.
    Present ones of both parties included.

MstrMsn, alsaqr, primer1 and 3 others like this.
  13. Chainfire

I have been hearing about someone coming for my guns for 40 years. Each of those years, my collection grew. I read the story about the boy who cried wolf.

The fear of universal gun confiscation is largely due to the NRA needing your money to piss away on senior staff partying, and it has worked for decades. Fear is a good fund raising tool.

One day, there will be an event that galvanizes the people into demanding some more restrictive gun laws; it happened in 1934, under a Democratic President, and once in 1986 under a Republican President. For it to happen, it will have to be the will of the House, the Senate, the President and the Supreme Court. It will not come about as the results of the actions of one person, or one party. When it is all over, people like me will still have gun collections.

Eventually, guns will be banned for all but the wealthy, but no one reading this will live to see it. I won't worry about what you people do after I am dead.... That said, do you know of any good gun deals?

SK2344, Bare Knuckles and alsaqr like this.
  14. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

I never thought defunding the police would ever happen either.

MstrMsn, G66enigma, Rifling82 and 3 others like this.
  15. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

BTW: Several bans of firearms and components have taken place without the assistance of congress.

There is this provision in the Gun Control Act of 1968 call the "sporting purposes clause"
    Firearms have been banned based on the declaration that they serve no "sporting purpose".

1. A bunch of inexpensive handguns dubbed "Saturday Night Specials" by the antis were banned from import under the "sporting purposes" clause.

2. The BATFE under Ronald Reagan banned the import of two shotguns by sending letters to the importers.

3. In 1989 the Bush I drug Czar, William Bennett, imagined every dope peddler would soon own an imported "assault rifle". The result was the banning of 43 milsurp rifles under the "sporting purposes" clause.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...-rifles/4cca6d11-9ce2-44fe-9009-bdf29a7772e4/

4. After the 1994 "assault weapons" ban was in effect, Bill Clinton banned the import of more semi-autos from import under provisions of "sporting purposes" clause.

5. Bill Clinton banned the import of ammunition and firearms in the US-China trade agreement.

6. The BATFE under Bush II banned the import of parts for NFA weapons from import. It became impossible ti import a new barrel for your MG-42, for instance.

7. The BATFE under DJT banned bump stocks. Never mind that the BATFE had previously blessed bump stocks

sheepdawg, ellis36, primer1 and 2 others like this.
  16. G66enigma

The NRA has indeed been fanning those flames, to good effect. So as CalGuns, the VCDL, OFF out in Oregon, the CCRKBA, the SAF, GOA, and others.

Yet, there are enough anti-RKBA regulations, rules, statutes and codes on the books to choke a mule. And more are sought annually, at all levels. I suspect the "It won't occur 'til after we're gone" estimate is off the mark by decades, though it's all a guess.

I go largely by what the so-called "powers that be" seek daily to do to me and everyone else. The most-ugly of them seek utter evisceration of the RKBA itself by boxing it in, by cutting the legs of the 2A's protections away, by urging legislating from the bench despite the 2A's prohibitions specifically (and the BOR's prohibition in general) disallowing any such thing. They're crafting smoke out of nothing and calling it "law." As though there's any authority to do it. Daily, when they can get away with it. In such ways, through such attempts, whole swaths of the RKBA can evaporate in an instant. As was done with the 1968 restrictions; or the 1986 banning on select-fire and imports; or the 1990s AWB; or the post-Sandy Hook crap that came down the pike (in many states).

They're coming for it. They have been for decades, now. And there's enough raw legislation out there right now, at the federal and state levels, sufficient to keep the SAF, GOA and NRA swimming in lawsuits for a century, in order to fight all of it off.

That it might not occur within the lifetimes of anyone here will be via sheer dumb luck. Nothing more. 'Cause they're out there, and they're coming.

Hell, the demons have stated it's part of their formal platform, to suck the 2A dry to the point it's so watered down that anything they say on the RKBA goes. Might well be just so much attempts at tossing the pasta on the wall to see what sticks. But, part of the platform they're resting their policy choices on? That's at a level we haven't seen, before. They're no longer seeking to deceive. They're coming for it all, and they've said so.

Ignoring that is at our peril. It's come to that.

sheepdawg, primer1 and Ghost1958 like this.
  17. RaySendero

RaySendero Well-Known Member

Sometimes when you have your head stuck in the sand,
    Something can bite your butt that you won't see coming!

18. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

You can bet your bippie the legislation for "Gun Control" is already written..in multiple forms. Just as Obamacare legislation appeared one magic day when the time was opportune for the passing.

Time is right (Biden wins) presto...a 1000 page bill appears. Poof! 2nd Amendment, for all practical purposes is null and void.

ellis

19. G66enigma

All they need is the lake of fire to fill.

They've already got the torches lit and waiting.

They'd like nothing more than to burn it to the ground.

Ghost1958, ellis36 and sheepdawg like this.
  20. Chainfire

I heard the exact kind of statements the whole time Obama was in Office. How many of your guns were surrendered to Obama?