Rise in Price of ARs?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Georgiahunter, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

I am looking to buy an AR-15 but I will not be able to purchase one until July (money issues). One of the gun stores I go to has a Bushmaster AR priced at $600 (can't think of the model) and that is the one I have my sights on. Anyway, do y'all think the price will go up based on the economy/government? This gun has been priced at $600 for a while and it isn't a one gun deal, meaning they have more of them. Thanks.

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Find a S&W Sport or PSA. Higher probability you'll get a functional rifle that way.

Price wise you should be ok.

3. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

Does Bushmaster have a bad rep? I'm new to the world of ARs and want to learn all I can. I thought Bushmaster was a good company.

4. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

As has been said on this and other forums they used to be but through big corp America they have gone to ****, driven by profit margins.

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

A $600 Bushmaster? It's probably a Carbon-15 and you'd be wise to skip it and look at the models recommended below. Or do a build.

As far as prices going up, that depends on the election later this year.

6. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

Thanks y'all, the M&P 15 Sport looks to be higher quality than the Bushmaster and is the same price at my gun store. The reviews for it look good.

7. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

Before this thread meets it's inevitable end, can any of y'all M&P 15 Sport tell me if you can mount a forward rail on it. I really just want to do it to mount a fore-grip, if I get the desire. When I first get it it will probably be shot without any attachments, but I would like to know if that possibility is there.

8. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Yes you can. You can do whatever you want to that gun just like why other AR

9. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

Thanks, I figured you could, but you never know.

10. thatguy510

thatguy510 New Member

Bushmasters use to be good but then, like it was stated, they sold out to corporate America. However, the guy who started Bushmaster originally started a new company named Wyndham Arms which is making awesome ARs at really good prices. Another company to look at is Rock River. They have some really good deals going on right now if you can find one due to their massive backlog (which from my understanding is due to new federal contracts). They come standard with two stage triggers and you can get them with chrome BCGs at no charge which is AWESOME. Just my 2 cents.

11. Quentin

Quentin New Member

So was the BM a Carbon 15, Georgiahunter? The Sport is a better AR for the money. And considering your state, look at Daniel Defense. Above your budget but a fine AR and they do make some of the best rails.

12. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I paid 595 for my M&P15 sport a couple months back and guys have been buying them for less today than then. Other handguns are also trending a bit lower in general.

13. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

Yeah, it was a carbon-15.

14. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

As the elections get closer prices on guns and ammo will climb a bit as always ,