RIP Dennis Hopper

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by lonyaeger, May 29, 2010.

1. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

He died today, May 29. He was a great actor, and a good conservative Republican up until this last election. I really enjoyed his work.

[​IMG]

2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

RIP Dennis Hopper. :(

3. doctherock

doctherock New Member

RIP, now where will they find a guy to play the bad guy. He was so good at it.

4. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I am truly saddened to hear that. He was one of my favorite actors. He is another that was never bad in anything.
    He was a memeber of the Wilmington, NC community for awhile and had some property here.

"What the hell is wrong with freedom? That's what it's all about." - Billy from Easy Rider.

5. RadioActiV

RadioActiV New Member

My heart is heavy now that I know this. He was a great actor. I'm going to go watch speed now.:(

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

RIP Dennis Hopper. He was truly a master of his craft and the world is a less bright place without him in it.

JD

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Rest in Peace Mr. Hopper; you played some very interesting characters and did so masterfully.

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

The actors I respect are few and far between. This loss is one of the best!

[​IMG]

^ I think I still have this poster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. Yeah, I guess it is a friend. Jim Morrison

9. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Yep

People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that's bull****. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they're afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.”

Jim Morrison quote

10. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

R.I.P. Dennis!! You will be missed!

[​IMG]

11. M14sRock

M14sRock Active Member

RIP Mr. Hopper. His performance in True Romance is timeless, and one of the best.

I had the honor of meeting Dennis Hopper and James Woods, by coincidence, on the same day. Both great guys.

12. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

RIP, Mr. Hopper. You took your craft and art to a new level. You were truely one of the best actors of all time. It is not very common anymore where a writer actually writes in a character just for a certain actor, and you were that kind of actor. You will be missed, but never forgotten.

13. zhuk

zhuk New Member

I can't add anything much more to what has already been said - Dennis Hopper was one of a kind, an actor who truly invested his heart and soul in every role. He will be missed; RIP Mr Hopper.

[​IMG]

14. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

You will be missed, sir. RIP.

15. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Rest in Peace Mr. Hopper You were one of the greats and always will be.

16. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

RIP Dennis Hopper, you wil truly be missed!

17. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

This sucks, RIP DH, a great actor and a great career.

18. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You know, if you asked me last week to name my Top 10 favorite actors that I would pay to see in a movie, Dennis would not have been on my list. :eek:

Now that he has passed, I am reliving his roles in movies that I truly enjoy and I am realizing that this made made sh!t films truly epic! :cool:

I mean, he was in some movies that are in my collection for one, maybe two scenes and I didn't realize it until today.

"24" - Like the first season
    Knockaround Guys - Great semi mob movie!
    Jason & the Argonauts - Who didn't see this back in the early days of 2000??
    Straight Shooter - This is a much better film than you would think
    Space Truckers - Really? You haven't seen this one??
    Waterworld - He made this film, regardless of the box office!!
    Speed - If you have not seen this, please don't respond. This movie is awesome in it's simpleness.
    Chasers - Epic nude scene of Erica Eleniak!!
    True Romance - Are you kidding me?! Awesome!
    Boiling Point - Another "before they were stars" movie.
    Flashback - A movie with his little known son Keifer, and a great selling point for the Honda 1000F. ;)
    Hoosiers - Have you ever seen this epic movie?? Awesome.
    My Science Project - One of my ULTIMATE "B" movies.
    True Grit - This is a really good movie with two iconic figures.

I am really bummed about this news. Dennis Hopper was much more apart of my movie loving sense than I gave him credit for.

RIP Dennis - You will be GREATLY missed.

JD

19. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

He's reached the clearing at the end of the path. And now he gets to see what's next.

One less truly good actor...There just are not many that have been able to stand out like Hopper.

20. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

He was a fine actor who, in my opinion, did not get his share of publicity and recognition that others less talented received. His character roles were always entertaining.

He was an iconic actor, who influenced a generation with his roles and a damn fine artist as well....you will be missed. :(

R.I.P. Dennis Lee Hopper May 17, 1936 – May 29, 2010.

Jack