RIP Dennis Farina

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DrFootball, Jul 22, 2013.

1. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

this morning we lost one of our better actors Dennis Farina at the age of 69 due to complications post surgery where a blood clot formed on his lung. Although he played in many roles, he was most noted in recent years for his portrayal of "Old School" NYPD det. Joe Fontana On "Law & Order"

I met Mr. Farina several years ago during the NFL Draft @ dinner at the 21 Club.
    He bought My wife & I a glass of champange. Son of the Windy City, He was a Huge Chigaco Bears Fan As well as Northwestern University football fan.

RIP Det. Fontana: the 27th Pct won't be the same without you...

2. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

Just saw this on the tv.
    Rest in Peace.

3. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

That bums me out. I loved him in "Snatch".

4. Donn

Donn Active Member

Lt. Mike Turello in "Crime Story." The best TV series nobody, (except me), ever watched. RIP.

5. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I almost think His L&O persona was just like his role in crime story(watched reruns and then on line with Hulu)....

6. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Sorry he passed but never saw him act in anything. I don't watch TV other than a very few shows unless it is sports, cooking, news or weather. Haven't watched a "TV" show in years.

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

hate to hear that. i too liked him in Crime Story. he was very versatile actor, just as good at palying a bad guy as he was playing a good guy.

RIP Mr. Farina.

8. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

When I read the title of this tread that was the first thing I though of, but I couldn't remember the title. Seems like there were at least 3 of watching it.